Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@eth  How frustrating. Something like that can be a trigger for me. It’s just so hard for people with MH issues to have to redo stuff. It’s a strange system that’s for sure.

I get shaky a lot @eth . Some conversations on and off line can set it off. Can’t even hold a coffee. I just back off if I can, and rest. Yes, so many ‘ what ifs’. Sometimes it take longer to settle than others. Tricky navigating all this stuff.

Good to hear you will rest some today. I’m off to start some sorting etc. Take care @eth 💜💜💜💜

💜💐💕💜💐💕💜💐💕💜

@CheerBear @Maggie @eth .....

Gentle hugs incoming.  I hear you, and have D3 on that page over a lot of  painful, twisted and conflicting / confusing backwash of debri.

👋💕️  @Former-Member @greenpea @@and anyone else around

Former-Member
Not applicable

@CheerBear  thanks so much for sharing all that this morning.  It must have been such a terrifying and deeply unsettling time for all of you.  I'm sorry you have to keep having it brought up due to the kids needing to talk about it now.  

@eth  oh no ... damnit about the wrong form from centrelink.  Fingers crossed the proper form arrives within the 2 week deadline for submission. Gee, just when you thought it was all done.  Sorry to hear that the tremors have returned. Must be a concern for you, not knowing when they will come on, and not knowing why this is happening now.

@Maggie @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope  sending love and best wishes.  

Had a rushed morning this morning.  Lay awake most of the night.  Came to just before 6am, and I thought, yeah I will just close my eyes for another hour.  Then I woke up startled at after 8am and in a complete tizz because had an appointment to get to in town for 9am.  So it was rush rush rush to get hubby awake, breakfasted, medicated and ready to go.  Made it ... but it was a rush.

So its not been the easiest of mornings.  At least appointment was on time and back home quickly.  Can settle down shortly with a cuppa and bickie out on the deck.  Although there is currently no sun ... maybe it will be a cuppa inside this time.

Talk later everyone.

Sherry 💕

@eth seriously ugh with the application and c-link stuffing it up. I hate the systems. They often make it so much harder and so much worse. I hope you have it sorted soon.

@Faith-and-Hope really sorry to hear you have D3 on that page too. It's hard living your own stuff and managing other's too. Does D3 have much support or anyone to talk with?

I don't know if you saw last week Middle was given a diagnosis - ARFID, something I know you know a bit about. I'm hoping it will give them support that will help sort through some of their painful, twisted and confusing stuff.

Hugs @Faith-and-Hope, from one mum doing her best to another 💗

@Former-Member thank you lots for reading and supporting. I appreciate your time and understanding.

Rushed mornings aren't fun. It's part of why I wake up so early I think - because the whole day can be thrown with a rushed start. I hope that cuppa feels good ❤

I've folded the washing, have some in the dryer, did the dishes, vacuuming and mopping. And now I feel a bit less gross in the house. Groceries later then Big is cooking dinner as part of school project. They're big enough to hopefully not need muvh/any help. I am looking forward to a night off from it 🎉

@Maggie 💜

Hope the day is coming along well for you all.

Thought of posting you some teddies @Maggie, but I don't know whether that would feel supportive to you or not ..... feeling for you and @CheerBear so much ...... 💜💜💜

Mine were too old to use "holiday" @CheerBear ..... but the issue was also not physical DV ..... brings tears to my eyes to think of how hard that was for you, the incredible stuck was of not know whether to press the "we're leaving" button ..... needing complete compliance and not knowing how to swiftly and safely achieve it ...... 

You were awesome then, and you're awesome now, no matter how broken it might seem in the moment ......

Struggling with a lot of "we're broken" in my own situation right now, but different of course ..... leaky for you and me.

2FDCFB9A-1202-4DD2-BB3F-C1863D398AE2.jpeg

Hadn't heard that acronym before @CheerBear, but yes, I can definitely relate ..... at the moment it looks as though I got all five through the mite without any of them picking up an ED in the process, despite their immersion in the landscape of someone else's, apart from a tendency towards BED ..... but even then it's a conscious decision, not an addiction per se, and something they step up to and back down from in coping-with-stuff cycles.  D3 has put brakes on that right now, and yes, with support that she took time to come around to after a mid-start when we first arrived here.

S2 is not fessing up to everything he need support around with his support person yet, but there is an incredible amount to unpack, as you know, and there are guilt and mirroring associations besides ..... 

Mostly all you can do is what you are doing ..... the sitting-beside, the hearing, the bracing yourself against the backlash that presses all sorts of should-I-have's in you ...... just keep swimming Hon.  There is another shore to get to.

Hugs to all who need one .....

I am heading back into assignmentland

@Maggie 

Your pic keeps bringing a smile to mind.

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member 

Heart

@eth 

Eeeeee! re Clink stuff up.  I keep getting the we are overwhelmed excuse from organisations.  DOes not help.  Sick of being asked to have compassion for organisations.  FIngers Crossed housing pans out for you.

Smiley Happy

@CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope 

All relationships are unique.

Early days in separation are so delicate and leaky and difficult.

Took me nearly 20 years to start to understand all the stuff.

Holding Hands

Together we can be Strong.

Heart

@CheerBear Kettles on.

How was your busy yesterday?

I’m hoping you had a restful, even sleep full night.🙏🙏🙏

Any plans/appointments today. 💞💞💞💞💞

@Faith-and-Hope  Thanks for your sensitivity. The teddies are a work in process, so yes, any pics are welcome. 

Lots to unpick @Faith-and-Hope.💔💔💔 Do you get sick of unpicking the problems handed down or on from others? I know I do.

Sending a hug @Faith-and-Hope . Sometimes/often, words don’t cut it. 💞💞💞

@Former-Member  I read elsewhere you had a quiet night after the boys day out. So good to know that.

More appointments for you this week, I think today is one for you, if I remember correctly. An eye appointment. I hope it goes well.💙💙💙

Pot of tea ready if you are up.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance