Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Coming clean

Get on to your doc to arrange approval asap @Queenie

We are waiting to hear back from the respite place to find out exactly what we need to do. Apparently funding it obtained from the Dept of Communities. Last time it was Commonwealth funding and all my carer (now my Mrs) had to do was register with Commonwealth Carelink, but now it has gone to the State government instead and we have to make an appointment with the department of communities to be assessed prior to funding being granted. It's the same organisation as before @Kurra, but they've changed umbrellas and where they get their cash from. 

My GP doesn't need to come into it apparently (we asked if we need referral). I suppose that's one positive thing because she's currently away while her surgery gets renovated anyway. 

It seems I've jumped onto a merry go round of yet more paperwork and jumping through hoops. This is making me ill!

I'm shocked @Queenie. Bureaucracy at it's incompetent best. Hugzzz 💕

You're not wrong there @Kurra! It's really adding to the stress I'm already feeling.

Sorry to hear about all this ridiculous change that is going on @Queenie. When you need respite, you should be able to go straight to respite - as soon as a bed is available.
Bureaucracy is a nightmare that none of us needs. I hope you can sort it out tomorrow.

It probably isn't helped much either by the fact that my Mrs (my carer) doesn't like speaking on the phone, so I have to speak for her. She is a smart cookie, don't get me wrong but is rather phone shy.

Well I was told to go and check into a motel and stay by myself, even if I am in a state of mental distress because they aren't interested in helping me because I am too high functioning. 

Go figure!

I'm over it!!

End of discussion.

Totally kaput!

@Queenie - what are they talking about! !! They are meant to be there to help you. That's not helping.
I'm so sorry that you are stuck in their bureaucracy and silly rules. Doesn't seem right.

No @utopia, it's not right, but what can I do? I've exhausted all avenues available to me. I don't consider myself suicidal or anything so I don't think a hospital stay is warranted at this stage. I am just terribly disappointed and disillusioned with the whole show. I've spent all afternoon crying my eyes out and just not being a very good person to be around. My voices are pretty bad, I realised I can even hear them underwater when I am exercising at the pool. Says something I guess...

I'd go stay with friends, but I don't have any willing to be up to the task. Other than my Mrs, I'm alone in this world when it comes to mental health.

In my traffic light system I am definitely a red now after being yellow all week. I can't take anymore, my plate is overflowing. 

Yes @Queenie. Go and stay with friends who will support you. A change of scenery might be just what you need.
So exercising under water - you can't hear the voices. Sounds like swimming might be a great exercise for you. While you are swimming you may get a respite from the voices.
Pack your bathers and a towel. While at your friends, hopefully you can get to a heated pool daily.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance