Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Body Image and Eating Disorders // Tues 28th September, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

I can say that even the risk of weight gain would not be sufficient to make me stop taking "anti dep medt'n" because I am aware that the adverse effect of dose reduction is sufficient to cause me to maintain compliance.

It is interesting to note how many find that eating disorders overlap with other MH issues, and that often a triage like decision is taken on dealing with those issues. Often weight issues, higher or lower than desired, seem to be placed lower down the list of priorities.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Body Image and Eating Disorders // Tues 28th September, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

@cloudcore , @Daisydreamer , @SarahBee 

Came in a bit late

but can  medication be also a affect for body image and eating disorders ??

As well as chronic diseases?

I've seen a lot of that too @Millieme , especially calling them the covidkilos or pounds and promoting diets/weight loss :face_with_rolling_eyes:

@Millieme I hear your struggles with finding support services, there is a big issue of accessibility in the mental health space and a lack proper training in complex mental health areas. Are there any supports you're current accessing?

I think it's very hard for me to be kind to myself. To have self love for my body. Because I don't 😪

@SarahBee @Daisydreamer 

Personally I hate zoom based calls or similar

I always notice that my resting face looks sad or upset or disturbed. So i make a conscious effort to either change my facial structure (through keeping my mouth shut but spacing my teeth apart or holding a hand around my mouth or similar)

annoys me actually

but its an example of picking up on a flaw

also when i shower (i image many feel this) you always see yourself in the mirror and pick up on a flaw - too hairy, not hair enough, too much weight on hips etc etc etc ..... the list goes on right ?

@Millieme ,

For my own sanity, your post is exactly why I've chosen to stay away from social media. People around me all have social media, yet I found it healthier to disconnect from it.

On the other hand, I understand that it is a form of communication for many people which I totally acknowledge.

No i dont i dont tell anyone.its worse cause i take everything to heart.

Question 6 for @SarahBee and for the Community

a) What has your recovery journey looked like for you?

b) If you could speak to yourself at the start of your recovery journey, knowing what you know now, what would be your top three messages to yourself?

indeed @Mlillieme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance