Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

Thanks @Former-Member ..... I do like it better now.  It's one of a set that we had to do, and it's my least favourite, but much better than it was anyway .....

Art is such a gift ..... your project sounds exciting.

I hope you have a good weekend too.

Hi guys, I am new here but found this thread and thought it was appropriate for me. I love art. I paint these days and it helps me cope with living with bipolar disorder. IMG_0116.JPG

Can't see your image yet @Garfunkal but wanted to welcome you to the forum and to this thread. There are many of us here who also paint so you are amongst like minded people. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Garfunkal 
it's beautiful! Can you let me know what medium you use please. Is it pen on black paper?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

what is your art course? 

I'm not sure about my project yet :face_with_rolling_eyes: I find it hard to get creativity by the press of a button. At the moment it's just thinking of a larger project, but that's it 🤪 no real thoughts of what I'm going to do! Independent of the project I'd like to play with palette knives and paint that way. I'd really like to get a gigantic canvas and paint with my hands and feet. 😃 i love colours & textures

It's a Visual Arts course @Former-Member .... TAFE through Uni 

Hi, thankyou. It's actually acrylic paint, white on black

Thankyou Zoe, I"ve just finished a series of 5 paintings. The originals are drawings I did when I was 13 and was having my first stay at a psych hospital. I decided to do an interpretation in paint. 

Have just seen the image you posted the other day @Garfunkal It is very intricate and would certainly need a steady hand - love it. 

I have been working on one painting for years - can never seem to get it the way I want it but that is the fun of the process too. It does get frustrating sometimes but that is why it is taking so long.

I hope your series of 5 paintings have come out as you had envisaged.

IMG_20200831_085202_217.jpg

Did this yesterday. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance