Skip to main content

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

So lovely to have you around again @Snowie. Really enjoyed just chatting. Hopefully you have a decent sleep sweetie

Goodnight @Snowie  ๐Ÿ’–

Ill have a look for the pics  tomorrow. Pretty sure they are on my hardrive and dont have it on hand now im on my phone. 

I get that there needs to be more houses built but they dont think to upgrade  or build more hospitals before then. Very frustrating. 

The country would be nice to live  in. Depends on thr areas though. Ive lived more in the country and was that pretty  scenery  and country hills etc lol its was lots of mud sand more mud and a few bits  of grass  lol. 

Id love to live in a little cottage  style house somewhere  scenic  or at least  away from the cities.-dont worry id take you with me. They still class otur area as rural  but i doubt itll be for long. The way its growing round here itll be like Sydney  within the next few years! @Sans911 

We will live as old ladies in the country lil Sis @outlander ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚ @Sans911  sounds alright to me! 

How are you tonight @Sans911 besides tired?

Yeah I'm doing alright @outlander. I record my mood on an app every day, and today was a 'good' day. Most of the week is usually 'meh'. Very rarely do I record a 'great' day, but there has been one this year I think. I get a report every week, so it's good to see how I'm going. And I record activities like seeing my Pyschologist, pdoc or GP. Whether I've studied, taken cats to the vet, etc. It's customisable with the activities.

I just felt that I could have done with more sleep when I woke up (which was lunchtime but that was several sleeps of an hour or so) but I feel OK now. It's weird that I can have a break from study. But nice as well.

Hi @Snowie  hope being at home is feeling good again. Also that the hospital you were in has organized good follow-up support for you and/or you have a good support team around you.

Hi also to @Sans911 @outlander @Appleblossom @Shaz51  and anyone else here.  Thanks for including me and tagging me, I'm trying to 'spread my wings' so to speak on the forums and it means a lot to me.  Looking forward to getting to know some of you better.  

Hope today is starting gently for you all.

Eth

Hi @Sans911  sorry I just caught up on posts here since you tagged me.  I find keeping a daily record very useful too.  Makes it easier to see when things are changing up or down (I have bipolar 1 as well as a couple of other MH conditions), peak anxiety etc.  I just use a hand written chart of moods, sleep, meds and it also helps showing it to psychologist and psychiatrist so they can see what's been going on too.  

I also have chronic insomnia and know well what it's like to just get a number of short naps.  I don't know when the last time I slept through was but it would be some years ago.  

What are you studying? (just curious, you don't have to say if you don't want to)

Good morning @eth. I'm studying mental health nursing post graduate. I've been a registered nurse for for over 20 years working mostly in critical care and emergency so I'm just adding to my arsenal. Not quite sure that's where I want to go yet but I'm also studying to give myself some structure and routine as well as working the grey matter. It's been twenty years since I last studied formally at university so it's been incredibly challenging the first semester. I'm just waiting now to see if I passed or whether I need to repeat.