Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

yes it was very nice @Former-Member 

but now mr shaz is conplaining that there is water everyway on the floor

Just as well he had the Shazzle Dazzle cleaning services at his disposal @Shaz51  😀.

ha ha thank you my @Former-Member sooooo much xxxSmiley LOL

@Shaz51 Heart
@Former-Member Heart

Trust you have a pleasant weekend @Shaz51  and that Mr Shaz is able to get a few photos taken.

it is raining here @Former-Member  Smiley Sad

Hopefully it won't rain all weekend @Shaz51 .

@Shaz51 

Do you use the bureau of meteorology website for 7 day forecast? Here is a link if you have not heard of it. 😀

http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/map7day.shtml

hope you don`t mind me coping you message over here @Owlunar 

So @Shaz51 

I must get back to Mr Shaz who really seems to have severe anxiety at times which causes him to suffer from more anxiety and his self-treatment is often to go to bed - and it must be difficult for you to know what to for him at times and with your mother being so ill you have agreed that Mr Shaz seems to become worse when your mother needs you and you asked somewhere else what you can do about it. That is tough to answer so I have been thinking about it.

Mr Shaz has the right to disagree with the diagnoses he has been given - still he does seem to be in denial - and it doesn't matter to us ordinary people what the condition is called or what part of the brain generates this denial but here you are - 

Aw Shaz - I could be wrong but it seems Mr Shaz needs some tough love - or Tough Love - which is a way of managing people who are not co-operating with social aspects of life and we have to work out whose problem it all is and this can be really unpopular - but what to do.

My ex-h didn't want to take headache pills and I reached a stage that I didn't want to hear any complaints until he took something - and this was painful - he would moan gently whenever I walked past the door - I would ignore this but it was irritating

So here you are with Mr Shaz not liking his medication and stopping and starting with it - going to bed - constantly worried - and it must be so hard to hear about this all the time when you have health problems of your own and your tough old Mum insisting on her independence and sending away the helpers - 

I like her style btw - but I know she has to take the help - but Mr Shaz does seems to get worse when your Mum needs it

Try some Tough Love Shaz - with both of them when you have to but with Mr Shaz for sure - you can look that up on the Internet - it might help but it is Tough of You Too

Caring Shaz - we are all entitled to question the bodies of authority in our lives - in person - we need to follow their suggestions if such things help - 

Can you or have your talked with Mr Shaz's doctors

sooo true my second mum @Owlunar , you are soo right xx

Mr Shaz does seems to get worse when my  Mum needs it or when life and business needs us more

seems Mr Shaz needs some tough love --- most times mr shaz likes me being in control of totally everything and then he fights against it

hard to find a right balance with it all

his self-treatment is often to go to bed--- it is now @Owlunar , but not in the past ( it was fight or flight )

and then with me being mentally and emotionally abused when young has stopped me from being who I am ?? or is this just an excuse

@BryanaCamp, @Former-Member , @outlander , @Determined , @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance