Skip to main content

Re: The great yoga adventure

@Phoenix_Rising. Love your ducky socks. Pity you couldn't find any turtle ones. Lol

Only two sleeps to go @CheerBear!!!!! Forty-eight hours from now I should be reporting in that I survived my first ever yoga class...either that or I will be on my way to hospital with a broken neck or something. Smiley Very Happy

I must remember to actually book into the class tomorrow!

@soul your pictures make me giggle. Thank you for being part of our cheer squad.

Can't wait to hear all about your experiences @Phoenix_Rising@CheerBear. Are these day or night classes?

No backing out now. Failure to attend must be accompanied by a medical certificate. 

@CheerBear as you noted on another thread, the great yoga adventure is now TOMORROW!!!!! Ahhhhhh what crazy lunatic came up with this totally insane idea of a carebear and a turtle doing yoga!!!!

@soul My class is 6-7pm AEST and I think CheerBear said hers is a little later.

I feel SUPER scared!!!!

You have all your clothes sorted out now don't you @CheerBear? I ended up with plain black yoga pants and a really light-weight shirt that I got from the men's department because I wanted something with long enough sleeves to cover where I SH. I am also planning to wear a singlet underneath the top and tuck that into my pants so that I don't feel self-conscious if the shirt rides up. I will wear my new duck socks and my sneakers to the place, but I'm pretty sure the adventure happens in bare feet. I super love my duck socks. I may possibly go back to Big W and buy multiple pairs. Smiley Very Happy

One more sleep!!!! So superly duperly scary...but how superly duperly good will it feel to achieve this!!!!

One more sleep and it's yoga day! We got this @Phoenix_Rising 😄

Yep - clothes are ready. I have a choice between my tights which I use for riding or a lightweight pair of looser track pants which have cuffs at the bottom. Both are dark grey flecked. I have a very short sleeved loose tee/singlet and will also wear a tighter singlet under it I think. This whole clothes thing has been so hard. Hopefully the whole yoga thing will be a little less hard!

@soul my usual class is not on tomorrow so I'm planning on going to a casual class tomorrow night because the plan was to start yoga together but not with @Phoenix_Rising tomorrow and I reeeeeeally want to stick with this plan. The centre isn't open until tomorrow so I can't check if there's a spot free and am really just hoping there is and it will be ok. I'm going to have a quick look around today to see if there's any other classes running tomorrow just in case but I have a feeling this will work out ok.

Haha @soul! Love it 😄

@CheerBear Ahhhhhhhh less than 24 hours now!!!! I booked into the class this afternoon - there's no turning back now!!! I super hope you are able to jump into the casual class tomorrow. I agree that the clothes shopping was a big challenge. The issue of what to wear has been a big barrier for me.

@soul I'm not sure how much calmness is going to be happening in this first class tomorrow. Smiley Happy

When we wake up tomorrow @CheerBear it's going to be today!!!

Woohoo for booking in! Totally wearing those cheer streamers right now @Phoenix_Rising 😄

The clothes thing has done my head in and now I have choices, is likely to keep doing my head in until I am in class and (hopefully) realise it really doesn't matter.

I've had a look around and found a few places running Monday night classes so if I can't get in to this place I will try them. I have someone travelling quite a while to come and look after the little people so I will do what I can to find somewhere. I sort of hope I find a different place that has a spot tomorrow night now because I know I will fall or trip or struggle to keep up or go right when it was supposed to be left. I saw something about doing yoga as gracefully as a baby giraffe learning to walk. That's going to be me for sure. Maybe I should go to all the places once each for this whole term so that next term I am hopefully less baby giraffish 😛 My excitement that we're doing something together but not is more than my fear though. One more sleep!

Hee hee, I love the idea of you going to a different place each week for a term @CheerBear Smiley LOL

I super hope I like the place that I have chosen. The website really does seem very friendly and welcoming.

It is definitely super cool that we are doing this together @CheerBear. Having said that, if you don't manage to arrange a class for tomorrow, don't fret. One week won't make any difference. That will just make me the great trail blazer. Smiley LOL