Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Suicidal thoughts without intent

@musicfanatic_x

You have them too - what do you do to make it better? 

I was talking to my psychologist yesterday and she said to take a deep breath, acknowledge the thoughts, challenge the thought and then distract myself with something else. I'm going to give it a go, and see if it helps at all. I'll try anything at this point.

Yes I have them too @p3p1t4 . It's hard for me to stop them, I wish I had an answer. I'll speak to my Psychiatrist about it. I have a feeling I'm going to try when I see him next week anyway, after being treated like crap by a MH Nurse I saw.

Surviving the Crash" on Ch-7 last night was good. Liked comments by John Brogden, Lifeline CEO:
- Suicide rate has NOT gone up this year because of the measures in place.
- he suffers "suicidality" himself [🤔 so there is a label for chronic SI] and he survived attempting himself, and glad. A testament to recovery....
- He had a quote:
"THERES ALWAYS FAR MORE TO LIVE FOR, THAN THERE IS TO DIE FOR!"

Wow, ABC RN(radio national) are having a very candid speaker talking about her suicidal thoughts. 

20210321-131957_1.jpeg

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/no-feeling-is-final/

It's amazing, refreshing, a conversation I've needed for years. Young people should be free to talk about SI as openly as this (minus the colourful language perhaps :face_with_rolling_eyes:)

Hope it's ok to jump into this thread on SI instead of starting a new discussion same topic

My Birthday is this weekend and i just realised I'm not consumed by, & fighting off strong SI plans (with visuals) for yrs. It's nice NOT being tortured this year, I'm thankful for peace. Not sure what's made the difference. Wish I knew.  Quietly celebrating this year,  just needed to tell someone.  @  @  🌈😃👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance