Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

p3p1t4
Contributor

Suicidal thoughts without intent

Hi guys,

I've been experiencing suicidal thoughts again even though I'm not feeling suicidal. I have no intent to harm myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with these thoughts? I get them from traumatic memories.

Thanks,

P3p1t4

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Suicidal thoughts without intent

Hello @p3p1t4 , I really don't have anything helpful to say but I know personally it makes a difference to know that you have been heard. It is awesome that you have no intention of harming yourself. Do you a support team that can help you?

Hi @p3p1t4 

Firstly hello, nice to met you.

I can relate to what you are saying. There are times where I have had suicidal thoughts with no intent. There are many things I try to help with these thoughts. Sometimes my strategies work, sometimes not, but I keep trying them. Having these thoughts can be scary and upsetting but please know that you are not alone.

Some things I try are listening to a mindfulness recording (you can find a lot on you tube), mindful colouring in, going for a walk, playing with my dog, progressive muscle relaxation, deep breathing and using my 5 senses. These are just a few that come to mind. As I said earlier, they do not always work but that doesn't mean I stop trying.

Take care @p3p1t4 

Hey all,

I'm glad you're able to chat about these thoughts and feelings, keeping it within guidelines and more importantly, supporting and connecting with each other Smiley Happy

Since it is a heavy topic though I just thought I'd pop in to give some support and also remind everyone that we are here to help if needed. 

HeartHeart

hi @p3p1t4 

well done for being brave and reaching out to talk about this

i can relate to the idea of sucidial idealtion and agree with other members  being heard is really important - do you have a professional to talk to ?  

have found myself thinking along these lines when feeling overwhelmed, tired, and lacking hope.  often coinciding with burning the candle of life at both ends, poor sleep, poor slef care etc

as a way of releasing the tension / emotions, but not dealing with the trauma experiences head on (which in my experience needs professional support) have found doing mindful doodling sometimes helpful - not sure if this is your cup of tea - real simple stuff - if it is of interest let me know and I can give you some suggestions of activities?

Good morning @p3p1t4, just checking in to see how you are this morning. Hope your night was a restful one. 

Hi @Former-Member 

Today has been a lot better. I'm still more agitated than usual but I'm feeling with the thoughts better.

I am so glad to hear you are feeling a little better today. Small steps my friend @p3p1t4 

I'm seeing my psychologist tomorrow

Hi @p3p1t4 , I'm sorry you feel this way and have these thoughts, I do too. For me I can't stop them whatever I try and do, I just "sit" with them. Are you ok, are you safe?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance