Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: New meds making me feel sick

Hi @BlueBay. Sorry about your change of meds again and the side effects. Unfortunately it's abit of ttrial and error to find the right ones.
Hopefully you will be able to focus at work & that will take your mind off things for a while.
I know it's really frustrating for you, but this is where you need to try hard to focus on other things.
Why not after work, sit down with a map and work out where you and hubby will drive to on Sunday for your lunch / outing.

Hi @utopia

yes i am frustrated and angry, exhausted and emotional - all in one!!!

Work was crazy today, people panic when there is a public holiday and we are closed.  I was busy and before i knew it, it was 4.30pm with only 1/2 hour to close!!!

Our pharmacy brand area manager called today to say she is coming out this coming Tuesday to audit our store yet again!!! To be given only 2 work days notice is ridiculous, she told me last month that she would give us plenty of time, ha 😞  so a lot of things aren't done because lack of staff.  And because she is coming out on my day off i am not anxious, worried or stressed about it this time.  If we don't get enough points it will be a reflection of not having enough staff and only given a short notice.

Tomorrow i am going to sleep in and just relax at home.  Saturday i am working for 3 hours and then home to watch the footy grand final.  my team is playing i am super excited.

Sunday - yes i sort of planned where i wanted to go for a drive, but slight diversion.  it is MIL's birthday on monday but because we can't go, hubby and i and maybe 1-2 kids will go on sunday with a birthday cake and present for her.

We will plan our drive after we visit her as we don't stay too long.

Boy, i am getting really tired now, my feet hurt and my back is sore.

going to have dinner now, hubby is frying some snitzels, chips and salad.  I'll come back on after dinner.

how was your day @utopia

@BlueBay. Well done for having no anxiety about Tuesdays audit. You said it perfectly. Ifthe store ddoesn't score well - it's a reflection of lack of staffing. I'm so glad you have recognised this.
MIL - that's nice if you can go visit her as a family. & then after have your nice drive.
Even though you've been sick and you are tired from work - you have it all sorted. Brilliant.
Don't forget to eat some of MIL's birthday cake.

Thanks @utopia

i will hopefully have a good day sunday.

yeah i am not worried one bit this time with the audit. I am angry that she didn't give us much notice. it is so not fair. last time was a completely different story, remember??? i also think i am not worried because i am not there as it's my day off.

and i told the other staff not to worry because it is not fair on us and it should not be a reflection on us it is the manager who will need to explain to the owner if we fail.

but looking at the shop today as i walked around, i think the store looks pretty blood good, it is clean and looks great.  but we will see on tuesday.  i will let you know what the score is and what she says.

i think i will go to bed soon, hoping to sleep tonight.

hope you are feeling better @utopia

take care xxxooo

@utopia

sorry i am not feeling too good mentally today. i can't stop crying this mroning, dont' know why.

why am i like this??

i will never get better 

why can't i just stop this damn crying

@BlueBay - this is the time that's hardest for you. This is when you need to pick up your knitting or go for a long walk. It's when you need to focus on now. Right this minute.

@utopia

I'm okay now.  I've replied to you in my other post.

Just need to focus on the now 🙂

This morning my psych finally returned my call from last week.  I told him about my side effects with this AD.  Headaches, light headed, terrible night sweats, nausea and high BP.  Do you know what his answer was???  Well if you want to you can go back to the original AD.  They were the ones that he took me off back in July and had me in hospital for 3 weeks.  I just don't get it; why would he say go back to those ones.

i feel that i am a guinea pig with meds at the moment.  I am sick of trying so many different ones.

i know it is hard to start new meds, the side effects are terrible.

I was thinking this afternoon - maybe i should just stop all meds. and see how i feel.

Hey mate..good to hear from u...meds are a never ending cycle of hs in my opinion...im currently off all meds and have been trying to eat healthy and do strenuous exercise daily..having overall benefits...but still having up and down moods...feelings do pass...I have never taken advice from doc..simply because ive had to listen to their repetitive nonsense that ap's will help with my sleep issues..I have tried them all...none worked...the thing is...in my opinion...just have to go through the suffering without meds..and how ever long it takes it takes...dont take my opinion as gospel as just before I had another fleeting thought of si.....it has passed...and yes it does help telling someone and exposing how u feel...there is no shame in it...it is what it is...generally if we are willing to talk about it then..as cheesy as it sounds..we are asking for help....nothing wrong with that at all mate..better to sound and look " weak" and " sooky" than to have something terrible happen..there really is no place for pride here!! What else have u been up too mate? Going down the beach to wet a line soon. Keep in touch..peace

Hi @Hamburger
I'm pleased you've passed that si hurdle. Talking does help. You're right there. Eating healthy and exercise sounds like you're really having a good bash at looking after yourself properly. It's hard to do sometimes isn't it mate. Keep talking to us mate. It helps heaps. Hope you get a bit of sleep tonight. Hugzzz 🎶
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance