Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

New meds making me feel sick

OMG these new meds are making me feel so sick.

Since July when i was last in hospital i have changed meds and gone up and strength, then down a strength, then up double strength.  Last week my psych decided to change meds again but not in hospital.  He had me on the old one (reduced strength) plus taking my new one all at the same time.  I have had no 'wash out period' at all this time.

Today is my second day on my new meds and I am feeling so sick.  Worse than before.  The nausea is horrible, the headaches still there and the woozy giddy feeling is yuk.

I struggle at work today.  I have just made a cup of tea to help and my daughter found some peppermint oil which i have just put on my stomach and behind my ears (as per google!!!)

Gosh i wish there was something else i could do.  I can't speak to my GP or psych as they are both finished for the day.

Not doing great 😞

114 REPLIES 114

Re: New meds making me feel sick

Hey @BlueBay , sorry to hear u are a bit crook. Cant remember things that help with side affects...hopefully they wont last too long...try and keep occupied to keep your focus on something other than horrible feeling?? Keep your water up 2....take care mate...just off to an n/a meeting..peace

Wish there was a dislike button to show support. Hope things improve quickly. M

Can't sleep 😥 I'm so tired but just can't go to sleep. I've noticed these meds are affecting my sleep.
I've got work tomorrow.
Think I will make a milo. It helped when in hospital.
I'll try that.

Hope the Milo helps.
Its awful thinking about how much sleep you WONT get for work tomorrow.
Nice soothing Milo and a book perhaps?
Hope sleep come soon. M

Hi @Findingmyway

I finally got to sleep sometime after 11.30pm.  This is very late for me as I was going to bed between

8-8.30pm.  I have a feeling it's the new meds.  The hot milo didn't really work, I tried to read but that didn't work, so i put some meditation on my phone and put some ear plugs in and that must have helped me.

I woke up during the night and then up at 5.45am as i couldn't sleep again.  I am going to be so tired today at work.

How are you going?

This morning i feel angry.  Anger towards my psych for changing my meds yet again.  This is the second lot in less than 2 months.  I've had it, sick of changing meds, strength, adding more.

The side effects this time have been terrible.  I have gone from feeling extremely tired (with the old meds) to now not able to sleep at night.  This is a whole lot worse for me as I like and need my sleep.  I am no good with less sleep.

Headaches have been continuous, lightheaded and last night sweats!!!

I just feel like stopping them altogether.  I was so angry last night that i wanted to call my psych's rooms and leave a angry message that i couldn't sleep, because he changed my meds.

I don't know if i can put up with this for another 4-6 weeks for when they are supposed to kick in.

Part of me wants to stop everything, meds, therapy and life.  I want to just live an easy life, a more relaxed life and not so bloody stressed all the time.

And now because i am so tired i am emotional.  it's a vicious cycle that just does not stop.

My psych should have put me back into hospital last week when changing my meds.

Hey mate..know exactly what u mean...so frustrating...u need to concentrate on people that dont push your buttons...its easy to get caught up in negative shit...your worth more than that! Try and have a good one...raining up here atm..hows things down there??

Hi @Hamburger

Yeah dark, gloomy and raining.

I have to keep focussed today at work otherwise I may lose it.  When tired i don't cope well.
At least tomorrow is a public holiday, so i can sleep in and have a rest during the day.

Hope you're doing okay.

Ueah mate im ok...ill survive for my next health condition...cant wait...learning today to accept criticism and not react like a spoilt brat...all good..take care
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance