Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Sirine
Senior Contributor

Medication questions

Just a question, I just started a new antidepressant today ie this morning and I can't sleep and have a rotten headache is this normal? Also feeling a bit high, was very low this morning.  Any advice would be great. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Medication questions

Hi @Sirine , we are not doctors and can't advise re medications, but I think I can say that in my experience this is not the case, as antidepressants take a few weeks to take effect. Can you visit your GP to ask about the cause of your insomnia and headache? 

it may well be a result of the meds especially if you are sensitive to them like me.  Just keep taking it and see if the side effects wear off they usually do but if you are feeling high you should definitely discuss this with your doctor.

@Anon1975 thanks. I'll see how I go but if the side effects are to much I will definitely talk to my doctor.  I really can't deal with feeling worse, but I realise sometimes you just have to put up with it

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance