Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

Hey @EternalFlower , glad you are getting some support. I think Tony's and appleblossom are on the money, just be and do what you can. I hope things just keep getting better for you! You're a tough nut to have managed what you have the last few weeks, that's for sure

@LeChuck hello friend im grateful for ur advice..

I would be interested in savingaa up for private health insurance to get in to day programs and the like...public has been a bit rough so that could be a way to get a more safe hospital experience.

I am grateful i left and can process stuff a bit better. I feel i have to take it slow and keep getting support in these few days post discharge. The public hospital near me isnt so good imo, so thats interesting thst i could show up elsewhere. I have veen advised that before by a psychologist. They hage to discharge you to something, have some tangible plan, so its a way to get seen and heard in some way. Maybe ill keep that in mind. Some hospitals egen have peer workers in the ED.

are you doing ok post your discharge? X

@LeChuck    Thanks Lechuck for saying that,  but bigger thanks for your solid construction with     eternal flower.    More than just the usual  kind words,  you left her with some tools to build with.   

that took work.   I tried a few clumsy things.  sane gave me the wet phone book over the head ,

broke the rules  speach,   'which I deserved'.,   any way  but you cleverly navigated  through all that   and I can see a big difference in the lady, . .very  well done mate.

any way   that aside,    egg basket now full,  and the pickers are good n tired n  angry,  and still 8 weeks picking...!

5 ft 3,  and good throw. . .  .  see you thought I  forgot. . . . 

Take care mate,   anytime you want to chat.    I'd be honoured.           tonys  mb1  

Hi @tonys can i say...dont sell urself short...u did so much to help me and others. I use ur suggestions every day. Thank u my friend

Breaking the rules ...no problem here with anything that was said....

Each time i write here i get stronger so its often a multiude of things from us all in what we can find as our own pathways....

I saw Dr today and told him I feel better at home. He acknowledged some of the things that happened in hospital were traumatic. He said he is having trouble with the jnr doctors (he called them some acronym jmd? Idk) so he thought thered be a bunch of them to see me in his absence but there just wasnt and it left huge gaps in care and hopes broken.

Im not sleeping much since i got back which is maybe not great, but at hospital i had night terrors so neither are good.

Happy to read about the full egg basket, are u very tired ? Lots of work...hope the fires warm and reinvigorating 

@EternalFlower   hey there @EternalFlower    Oh its all good.   What I did was give the name of a top guy in Sydney   that helped my friend out.  Very experienced and fast acting guy,

But lucky Sane pulled it down quick because the guys phone would have rung of the hook,

and he would have been rather displeased with me.   

It was bit cheeky of me.      See the thing is,  I never had experience with mental health,    I'm A2 and brain injury critter that tires people out, a bit because I'm always happy,   crook  tired yes

but over exuberant  and cheeky.    so  in  this place I forget that its a space for mental heath issues. 

Bit risky  trying to make unwell people laugh or forget their  worries.

Its just a big relief when someone familiar with mental health steps in and does it right.

Just thought I should say that so you see why I'm a bull in a China shop some times.   I  forget and  and think I'm slinging country banter with the boisterous picking girls.  Anyway

the sane chiefs are always very kind,  make allowances,   so everything is .. tip top.

Now   private cover.   I can only tell you when I broke my ribs,  they took me to the public hospital and first week I nearly died  Liquid infection around all my organs.   think I was of the forum for a few weeks.    Then got transferred to the private hospital and I was so spoilt,  I did not want to come home.   If you can find a way.   do it.    And every time I'm in hospital,   I wear shirts and gowns that say in big letters.   Dont yell for a nurse,   vote for one.  They love that, and spoil me a little,   Just a handy  tip. .

The public sector nurses have their own health crises because they are so over abused,  and over worked.    and the private sector nurses cop abuse too. 

Mate   your uncle tonys is always here,   bit late,  but for you I show,  cause your worth it.

Your my friend. . .     tonys moon base one

A beautiful conversation showing much support between @EternalFlower 

and @tonys 

emanating hope for all who read.

Hey eternal!

You sound so much better it's such a relief.

I know you're still struggling but you've got a solid head on your shoulders and it sounds like you're doing all the right things, props to you!

I'm still in le hospital, I just meant I'm here for you post hospital as well. Things are going well for me here, I'm in private and we still have the crummy bedding and some problems with the cleaners but it's a pretty safe space. Nurses are consistently the same and very kind. I am getting better slowly, should be out in a few weeks. 

@EternalFlower 

@EternalFlower 

good to hear from you.  Glad that you are seeing some positives.

Glad you have friends on here @LeChuck @tonys @Shaz51 @Sophia1 

Its not that we need lots but the different kinds of support different people bring to the table help round the support out into a comforting buffer.

I am in a weird position re all the public private hospital scenarios. I see the issues in both, not in financial position to give it to my son and not sure that would solve the problem anyway.  His dad had oodles of private but playing all sorts of power games with him as he did with me.  So we have to just deal with the cards we have and make the best of it.

Keeping checking in as long as you feel it is helpful, but we cannot change the world a LOT, just tiny corners here and there ...

Take Care Bella

@Sophia1   hey there @Sophia, .     How are you my friend.   Knowing  how busy you are,  It means a lot when you visit,  Like Santa .   Leaving a present by the fire but not till I'm sound asleep.       But then Its more than that,  .  .  .   I know. . .  You  will always keep and eye on the vulnerable,  You've  watched over me since first we met.   Put yourself in harms way,   Doing whatever it takes to uphold the true meaning of what it is to be a loyal friend, . . . and mother.

Thankyou doesn't quite do it,  but it,  and you knowing the deep respect I have for you. well I'd send all my armies to burn,   If for just a night  to light your darkest   hours.

How is your endless search for your son,  your self,  and  peace my friend.    Beneath our manufactured facades,   I wonder how many of us really find all three wishes.

Thanks for always watching,  and having my back always.   please tell me how you are. . .

No,  .   .   .   I mean  how   you   really   are. 

You friend in the many coats,                  tonys moon base one.

Hey there @EternalFlower    so how did the day level out.  O H    and thanks for your kind words. .    I   know I  was asking about the electro therapy,   and didn't  want to pry, 

well guess what. . .  !      I learnt all about it in one easy lesson today.  Took a short cut through

the goat paddock  and  forgot to turn  the electric  fence of  first . . . .  !  !  !

Yeow   . . .  church bells went off,    and mate,  .    my ears are still  ringing.   Theres still some dance moves in this old boy,   let me tell ya... 

Take care my friend,      and sleep well.                tonys   m b 1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance