Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Samantha92
Contributor

New to everything

Hello;

So i am new to learning and dealing with BPD. I am not sure how things are going to be honest. I am currently waiting for a yr to start the DBT program. I am trying to learn about BPD as i dont understand it it that well, and there is things out there that is confusing me sometimes. And keeping my brain in reading mode it helps somewhat with things.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: New to everything

@Samantha92 

Welcome. Youtube can be helpful when reading gets too hard. They tried to diagnose me with BPD but once I learnt about it I knew it wasn’t what was going on with me. When they tried cPTSD on me, everything clicked and made sense.  Try not to read and learn all the time, get outside, do things you enjoy.

The mental health journey can be tough so remember to be really kind to yourself. 

Welcome, @Samantha92  🙂

I'm going to tag @BPDSurvivor  and @tyme  who have great insight into BPD.

Hi @Samantha92  and welcome to the Sane Forums.

I hope you can find the answers you are looking for, or at least a supportive and encouraging community.

Thank you i hope so as well.
More so right now

That is true but i like they have said that i have bpd, d.i.d, pstd, depression, and anxiety. So things are just confusing for me so i read an learn things an connect the dots n stuff like that. And i dont really do much apart from being at home and chillin in my room unless my partner wants to take me somewhere.

Thank you for ur help

Hey @Samantha92 , Welcome! I’m BPD all over. 

I’m here because I’ve seen the other side of BPD and I totally am so grateful for it. BPD has taught me so much. 

Ive complete the full MBT treatment for BPD. I’ve also had a short stint of DBT…. All I can say is, Wow… I can’t believe how much my brain and my thinking has changed because of these therapies.

Yes, BPD can be so hard. The emotional pain is searing. It is close to unbearable. And it affects all relationships. Yet coming out of it, I count my blessings and am so grateful for all those that have supported me in my recovery, including these forums.

There IS recovery with BPD.

Hi @Samantha92 , How are you?

I am getting there slowly.
Kinda lost and stuff.
having to wait for this program to start dont help much.
and i have tried to get into seeing someone on a weekly bases but havent had any luck about it as of yet.
and then i tried to see if i coudl get NDIS an they said over the phone i could but then wen i spoke to someone about it they said i may not be able to.

so that has confused me even more.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance