Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Let's Talk About Bipolar // Tues 23rd March, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Great thanks for the link @davidharper_bal

Re: Topic Tuesday // Let's Talk About Bipolar // Tues 23rd March, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Hi @frog 

That's a great development! I think that the "what's wrong with me" thing will get better over time, and with luck fade away.

What are you looking forward to now that you have found the right diagnosis and medication?

@SusanaBA and @davidharper_bal there is so much knowledge you are bringing to this conversation from both lived experience and professional expertise. We are excited to learn more

Question 2: What are some of the ways that those living with Bipolar and their families can support wellbeing and cope with the impact?

And for the community: What are some of the things that you have found helpful to cope during difficult times in recovery? And, for family friends and carers, what things have you found helpful to support loved ones?

sorry I am just feeling sorry for myself tonight. Poor old pea 😞

My husband, aged 7,has bipolar, diagnosed 30 years ago.  He is on medication but it causes many problems.

@greenpea I am not happy about being on medication and the notion that it's a lifelong thing is dispiriting. But without it I don't think I could work, and would struggle more than I already do.

Hi @greenpea 

As @frog has been saying, finding the right medication can be a great step in the right direction.

Have you gotten some advice from your nurse or psychiatrist about whether the balance is right? For example, it may be that there a specific symptoms (such as drowsiness) that indicate a need for tweaking or change.

I do agree with your nurse that things could go pretty badly if you go off medication without a plan. But that is different to making changes to improve your situation.

All good @greenpea. It's ok to struggle, but remember to reach out for support if what you're experiencing right now starts to feel too overwhelming. 💚

You're allowed to dear @greenpea 

Sometimes it really sucks. There's no way to sugar coat it.

@Daisydreamer What are some of the things that you have found helpful to cope during difficult times in recovery? medication (even though I hate taking it), family, friends, psychiatrist, mental health nurse and of course the Sane forums 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance