Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Employment and Mental Health // Tues 8th June, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

definitely not where have been last 14 years or so , ie mining and fifo, they talk up how they are supportive, but if you say anything you wont work again @Daisydreamer  I suppose govt may have been in issue was ever raised or indentified

Re: Topic Tuesday // Employment and Mental Health // Tues 8th June, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

I'm so sorry to hear that you had that experience in your workplace @TAB. We will be exploring some of the legislation around what is legal and illegal in a workplace relating to mental health, especially as it relates to hiring and firing

Hi Zoe7, I am glad to hear that things worked out for you in the end. That is the view that I often take that it is their loss.

very true @Ultravox , it has taken years and different meds 

but yes we are now self employed doing cleaning and mowing 

he still has his ups and down especially when things happen or break 

@Daisydreamer, he reacts a lot to what i do makes a difference to make it really bad or just ok , lets do this 

well I found out way too late that unfair dismissal claims have to be made less than 10 days after left job, well thats what was told @Daisydreamer 

That's hard when the culture at the top isn't supportive @Zoe7. You are right, unsupportive cultures can mean that organisations lose good people

Worked there for 12 years @Ultravox and when I initially got sick was very well supported but then that Principal left while I was on sick leave and the new one had no idea ...but many have left since so it was not just me either.

Hi @Daisydreamer  sorry I'm late. Was chatting with a counsellor about my job. 

ohh @Ultravox , put a @ in front of someones name then they will recieve your message Heart

@Ultravox you brought up disclosure in your last post, and we would be curious to learn more.

Question 2 for @Ultravox  and the Community:

a) Have you disclosed your lived experience in a workplace? Who did you disclose to? And how was it received?

b) Are there times you would choose not to disclose in a workplace?