Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

Yeah trouble is @AndrewSpectrum  I see it as a failure.  I’ll keep plodding along without Dbt. 

Its so very tough. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // BPD Awareness featuring SPECTRUM VIC // Tues 1 Oct, 7pm AEST

@Former-Member I like what you've raised here. It reminds me of how important it is that we don't consider this a 'nature or nurture' process, but rather a process that considers both.

Attuned responding to emotional needs is so very important! 

I've almost had to bankrupt myself to afford private health insurance to be able to get more help....as ive heard before mental illness treatment should not be a luxury it should be accessible to all those in need...it does my head in

Totally agree @cutiepiekitty

Alrighty everyone 🙂 We are more or less out of time.

I would like to however, leave our final discussion point as this...

What is one key take-away for you personally from tonight's discussion? 

For me, learning about MBT and even the mention of ACT has been really interesting. I am googling in the background and am finding there's so many helpful strategies within these therapies. 🙂

For now I will say goodnight, and a huge thank you to @JulianSpectrum and @AndrewSpectrum for being AMAZING special guests tonight 😄 We will leave this thread open until tomorrow morning for your final thoughts on tonight's discussion.

Thanks everyone for your input, really solid chat tonight, remember for more info on BPD Awareness week click here. For further info on MBT, please check out the links our wonderful guests provided above 😄 Have a great night all!

@Former-Member some families have a lot to answer for! And I get triggered when someone tries to tell me that you have to love your family and forgive people. IF I ever get to a stage I might change but currently all I have for them is hate and I cannot forgive all they did

@nashy  I went through the testing for transference focused therapy. It didn’t go ahead but I could see the benefits for doing that. The psychologist dropped out but that was how I came to understand what I needed more and my psychiatrist stepped in when the couldn’t do that therapy. I think we need to be aware that everyone has their therapy that is more suited to them. It’s not a one size fits all. 

Thanks all. 👋🏻🌜

Agree. Im definitely looking into MBT

@nashy Thanks to everyone for their time, honesty, and openness in posting. It's been great to be part of the discussion and to learn from your experiences. Apologies to any whose posts we have not been able to respond to in the timeframes we had!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance