Skip to main content

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Such a high degree of self-awareness, to feel an emotion that is not super pleasant (i.e. feeling alone in a house full of people), but also acknowledging you're not alone in this loneliness 🙂 Life is pretty nuanced sometimes. I hope you know here you are amongst friends, and we're always here to listen and support you as a community Heart

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

There is something about the level of focus and awareness in riding the bike @Former-Member  that so beneficial.

Hey @Shaz51 Absolutely, and I think sometimes the reality is time is hard to re-jig, I can feel this is a really common theme for carers. Huge props to you for managing it all and so lovely to hear you're able to work in a nice wee hair appointment 🙂 We're always here to listen on the issue of time, maybe as a community we could create a thread on this to see if we can strategise some work-arounds 😄 

Sounds incredible. Glad you brought this up - I am thinking of finding something similar myself! Was thinking either motorbike or surfing. Something to just totally engage the brain 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing @Determined 

Wonderful @Determined @Shaz51 @Former-Member and others - thank you so much for being here and for providing your input or reading along 🙂 It was a slightly quieter event tonight but I really enjoyed some of the insights shared and want to thank each of you for getting involved. This is a topic I think we can further expand on within our community, remember the supports available within our forum and of course services such as Carers Aus and Carer Gateway.

I will leave this thread open overnight for anyone who wants to debrief. Again, thank you for sharing, look forward to chatting at the next event and across the forums ðŸ˜Ž

@Former-Member  I had a councillor propose that riding the bike was helpful because my brain was busy scanning for real danger now turning off all of the other 'noise' for even a brief period. A big part of that 'defensive driving' is taking in all of ones surroundings. 

I have noticed things in the landscape  in my brief time on the bike that I have missed in decades driving the same roads in a car. 

Even the smells and breeze. There is so much. Well worth the effort. 

It only took me 20 years of dreaming about it to get my licence 😊

Thanks @Former-Member  + everyone. 

maybe as a community we could create a thread on this to see if we can strategise some work-arounds --- great idea @Former-Member 

will do the new  tread tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

mum is ringing me at the moment xxxx

thanks @Former-Member Heart

@Determined, @Former-Member , @Adge@Laeticia63 Heart

Thanks @Former-Member