Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Coco1691
New Contributor

Why is this happening

Hello, I'm new to these forums. I suffer from borderline personality disorder and severe OCD with major genetic depression. NOT LOOKING FOR RELATIONSHIP ADVICE. ASKING HOW MY MENTAL ILLNESS MAY BE AFFECTING AND FUELING THESE THOUGHTS/SITUATIONS AND REQUESTING COPING TACTICS. I'll get to the point. I have this amazing boyfriend. I don't want to leave him. I'm happy around him. Everything changed a couple weeks ago though. I haven't seen him in 5 weeks since lockdown. The last 2 week's everything he does or says just peeves me off to the extent I just want to escape him. It can be the smallest of things that I shouldn't get upset over. I missed his company just 2 weeks ago and now I've flipped to this? Why is this happening to me? Is it my mental disorders? Do I discourage it with self talk? Help please. I'm not doing really well. I lost my pet 3 weeks ago also and it broke me to pieces. I'm depressed still and trapped at home.                   TL;DR.... ASKING HOW MY MENTAL ILLNESS MAY BE AFFECTING AND FUELING THESE THOUGHTS/SITUATIONS AND REQUESTING COPING TACTICS. everything my bf does annoys me immensely. I have OCD,bpd,depression and anxiety. Are my mental illness the cause of my rapid changing opinions/moods towards him?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why is this happening

hi and welcome @Coco1691
it sounds quite tough for you. I experience mood swings, irritability and BPD as well. while I don't have a partner I do live with others or around others who I regularly get irritated at (even though I can hide it most of the time) for even the slightest things.
while I don't have any tips on what might help I wanted to welcome you and to let you know your not alone.

please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. also a forum tip is to put an @ before a members name that way they'll receive a notification from you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance