Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tough Times

@Lee82 A little worried about you Hon. Even though you mentioned you were stepping away for a while would love a check in - a support is enough. You belong here, you matter and you have support Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am struggling today, everything is stuck in high gear. One or both of my new meds certainly isn't agreeing with me and even though I am being pressed to eat I can't stomach anything. I am trying to finish my poppies for tomorrow but the meds have given me the shakes and cutting them out isn't going well at all. 
@Lee82 , I second what @Zoe7  said, we are worried about you my love. While I respect your choice to step away and support you fully it would be awesome if you could just support a post so we all know you are as ok as you can be. 

@Former-MemberYou are good to be doing poppies.  I mainly have quiet respect and reading about history and people's experiences as my way of marking Anzac Day. 

I also like the way you said navigating the forum is a tough gig.  It is. Worth it though.

Smiley Happy

Seconding@Sans911 very thoughtful post, about supporting and being supported.  It is the nature of the forum that people open their vulnerabilities, and for me it has often been a dance, of walking with and stepping in and out and reaching out and respecting my feelings and insights as well as others.

Smiley Happy

@Lee82It was nice to start to "talk".  You def have your hands full atm.  Do whatever you need to get through.  Dont take things too personally on the forum, it can be quite a subtle group process, joining in gradually and getting to know people and getting the best from sharing.  It is often not an all or nothing situation, its an evolving entity.

Hugs.  Find some good private spaces to do your breathing and regulate your feelings, and do what you have to do for your children.  Also Find a way to bring up your feelings with them in a sensitive manner so they give you space.  It will be lovely to see you again when you are ready to post.

Smiley Happy

@Zoe7So you started revo 4 years ago. We highlighted cornices, ceiling roses and trim back then. It does take time and is worth while.  We took 10 years when kids were little. It was hard yakka.  Now another 25 years on I am doing outside work paving and actually really enjoying it.  Kind of finishing touches.

Cheers @CheerBear and ALL

Smiley Happy

@Lee82 Thank you Hon for checking in. Still here for you and hoping we can catch up when you are ready Heart

@Former-Member It is so hard on new meds when there are side effects Hon. Makes everything feel that little bit worse when they are supposed to make things a little better. Hopefully the side effects pass soon and the meds help you.

I am placing a poppy on the fence for tomorrow - don't think I will be up at dawn for the usual 6am commemoration. I usually go to the 11am service so I will continue to reflex at that time.

@Appleblossom I started the loungeroom reno well before I got sick. I did get the fireplace done but not all the replasteirng around it so it is so lovely to have that done and the painting nearly finished. The dining room will not take as long as there are some cracks to fix and then it can be painted. I can start on scraping our the cracks and filling on weekends because they are all easily accessible and then move everything to paint next holidays. I also have paving that needs to be done but cannot afford that yet - need to get back on trck financially and then save for the pavers. I have both the front and back to do but unless I pay for them to be delivered I will have to get some at a time.

No cornices or ceiling roses in my place - it is all square set so the biggest issue has been levelling out parts of the ceiling and walls where there were cracks. You would not even know there was a major plaster job done in one section now so after staring at a gap for 4 years it is so good to have that done. I imagine working around kids was really difficult at times - I just had to work around Toby and that was hard enough ....he layed at the bottom of the ladder so had to step off around hin lol

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Zoe7 , I just we could find ones that work for me rather than this constantly changing and having to the side effects again. How's your night going?

@Appleblossom , knowing the history and stories are an important way to celebrate the event. I am going to miss being at a dawn service tomorrow and have probably gone over board with my poppies. Yes while tricky it is definitely worth being here and working it out. 

@Lee82 , thank you my love. 
Love you 3000

@Former-Member It took my team and I nearly 2 years to find the right meds and dosages that worked. and all had side effects - the severity of those varied but it was tirture at times and bearable at others....but finding those that finally worked significantly changed my life and I hope that happens for you too Hon Heart

Thanks @Appleblossom for the support. 

Thinking of you @Former-Member hope you are ok my love. Love you to infinity and beyond 

Thank you @Zoe7 for your support and concern. Means a lot. 

Not a problem @Lee82 How are you travelling tonight?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance