Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

@Jacques, we are here for you anytime

@Determined 

hi @Shaz51 ,

thank you, i had only met him 2 or 3 times in my life, i guess i really didn't know him. mum s family is very fractured, they are all over the country so they don't get together often.

my partner is going ok, i think i have helped her stabalise a little, she is still not well, but she is not going to do anything silly.

she is still fragile though, her meds are giving her a lot of phisycal problems, her fingers keep dislocating and she keeps falling over. im really worried baout her and what is happening with her body.

hugs my dear friend

Hi @Jacques 

Checking in to see how you are going.

Hi @Former-Member 

thank you so much for thinking of me, im ok, things seem to be calming down with my partner and the funeral is all sorted for my uncle so im trying to recoup a bit, i can't believe how exhausted i get even with just doing small things, i don't know how people have such a busy life, just a day or two and im buggered.

im feeling a little low lately, just looking back at how much of my life has been wasted, i had to go to the doctors last week and i had to tell her what happened to me when i was 8, she asked me how long i have been depressed and i told her 30 years, she said but your only 37 i said yes, that was correct, i will not get over the look of horror on her face. 

im so glad i didn't tell her i have not left my house for any social occasion in over 20 years. 

i guess just feeling pitty for myself, i don't realise how crap my life is sometimes until other people react that way. then i reflect on how much i have missed out on, i missed all my 20's and all of my 30's to anxiety and depression. 

i guess it is just the way my life has to be. i just need to accept that.

@Jacques 

Whilst I thoroughly enjoy a good pity party I do try and limit my time in that space. 

I know you enjoy woodwork, do you enjoy cooking? I was wondering if there was something you could do today to help your mum out, perhaps as a little surprise for her.

PS @Jacques 

Don't forget your walk, felt a little chuffed at my last GP visit, measurable health benefits since I was roped in to walk the dog.

yhi @Former-Member sorry for the late response, i have been really out of it. 

i took your advice and made a cake for mum, an orange cake.

i have to go out tomorrow, so im pretty nervous. 

anyway i better try for some sleep

'Onya @Jacques 

Doing something for someone else = 😀

OK to be nervous, OK to celebrate a successful outing too.

How did you get on with your outing @Jacques

HI @Former-Member it went ok,

i got anxious and i am a little stiff and sore from not driving much.

im so glad i don't have to drive for a week, so i can recover a bit, it has been a full on 2 weeks.

how are you going my friend?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance