Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Just a lot on my mind @creative_writer I get to sleep ok, it's just staying asleep I am struggling with. Today has been a bit of a mixed bag.

At least you are getting some of your uni work completed hon. That is an achievement within itself.

@Snowie here for you if you want to talk 💖🫂. Some days can be confusing.

I’ve gone from un-functional to sort of functional with moments here and there is promising. I guess my brain is prone to going on overdrive, I get distracted very easily

My brain just switches from wanting to be here to not wanting very quickly @creative_writer 

I'm struggling a bit from what I did yesterday.

It is hard to find the concentration at times. to not get distracted. Sometimes just studying is hard enough, let alone trying to complete assignments.

@Snowie I think that switch is very natural when you’re struggling. Many sit on the fence and it’s hard.

A lot of things can be more difficult with MI and being ND, but I can only do the best.

That fence seems to be leaning one way lately @creative_writer It makes it hard to hang on.

I think you are amazing that you can have your MI and still study. You are achieving so much and not letting your MH stand in the way. I have no doubt in you hon that you will succeed.

@Snowie and since you’ve hold on this far, it just shows how strong and resilient you are 💖

Having MI and uni isn’t easy. I’ve had so many moments when I underperformed

But you have had lots of times where you over performed too @creative_writer When you got those assignments in on time, where you learnt things.

Holding on is tiring. I don't think this platform is the type of place where I can really say what has happened.

I don't want to trigger anyone.

@Snowie I rarely get assignments on time, usually get extension. Sent in an extension for second assignment. I’m still doing assignment one which was meant to be due on Monday. Have I learnt things, maybe, but I’m honestly just winging it. I honestly feel more stupid than intelligent, despite what others say. Then it is hard to believe in yourself.

I totally get what you mean. I hope you are able to reach out for support if you need it. I know you say you don’t want to be reliant on it, but it’s perfectly human to need it at times 💖

You are no where near stupid @creative_writer It is hard to see what is inside us. To see what we are doing well. It is so easy to concentrate on the negative aspects of our lives.

I reached out before. It has helped to get through tonight. Will see what tomorrow brings.

@Snowie it is hard to believe the positive, maybe it’s human nature to hyperfocus on what we are lacking.

Glad reaching out helped you. I do hope tomorrow is kinder for you 💖
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance