Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Darkness

Good morning beautiful, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and hoping you managed some sleep and that you are safe. I will be heading off soon for my horse therapy as we have over an hours drive to get there and I won't have reception once we hit the valley😞 I will check in with you as soon after as I can my love. 
Never forgot how special you are to me. 
I love you 3000 Mel.   @Lee82 

Good morning Sherry, I hope that you where able to get some sleep last night and this morning finds you as ok as you can be. Kimmy is jumping out of her skin to get going this morning 😂I just want to thank you for being so accepting of her and my DID, something I don't get very often here in the real world. Hope you have a peaceful day and I will check in with you as soon as I can after leaving the valley. Sending you gentle hugs from me and Kimmy. @Former-Member 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Good morning my sweet Kimmy, Blake and teddy.

good morning beautiful. I'm so sorry you didn't get much sleep last night but hopefully the adrenaline and excitement about today will keep you going. Wishing you all the very best for today. I hope it goes well babe. Will be thinking of you all day.
🦋❤️ @Former-Member 

good morning everyone. Hope today is filled with something good for you all. 
@greenpea @outlander @Former-Member @Snowie @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Angels333 @Pollyotter @Lee71 @NatureLover 

❤️🌈🐬🦄🦋🌻🌸🌼💜💙💚

nashy
Senior Contributor

Hey there @Lee82 and @Former-Member seems like it was a pretty big night for both of you. I hope today you manage to get some rest and have some down time, sounds like you both deserve it ❤️  We've discussed before whether forums are an appropriate service to lean on when in high levels of distress. As frustrating as it is, it's important in instances like last night you take a step back and reach out to a helpline or counselling service. Please get in touch with our team and we can help work on this with you. If any members need referrals to helplines when feeling distressed, please check out this link here or reach out to our moderators via team@saneforums.org 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @nashy , I am about to leave for the day but would really like to chat with you via email about this as soon as possible. I thought we where doing ok as I often tag other members and frequently have chats with them here and on other threads. But am open to any ideas you and the team may have to help a little more. 

I hope your day is a peaceful one Nashy💜

Dear @Former-Member , thank you for being so open about your alters and your DID. I think you are amazing to manage all those alters...I know you said you're not 'connected' to all of them, but thank you for explaining as it helps me to try and understand. 

Thinking of you today with the horse therapy, and I hope you love it. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member  thanks so much for your early post this morning.  I did get your notification just after you posted, but my eyes were too tired and I couldnt see well enough to respond at the time.  Then I finally fell asleep at around 6am and woke up suddenly at 8am realising I had slept in.  Needed to get myself into gear in a hurry as I had a 9am appointment to get into town for. Just got back now and following up on tags.

You will be on your way to your horse therapy by now.  I didnt realise you had an hour long drive to get there.  But it will be worth it, I'm sure.  Sounds like little Kimmy kept you awake with her excitement and anticipation of today.  Shame, but understandable for a little girl about to do something as exciting as this.  Oh bugger, sounds like Bear has been in a clean out mood.  Not great for the rest of you to have to clear up afterwards.  Oh well ... I guess this is a common occurrence for you all.  

Good morning Kimmy ... thank you so much for your photo of Blake and Noah this morning, its a beautiful photo, so cute.  I look forward to hearing from you about how you enjoyed meeting up with the horses today.  

I hope you have some moments of joy in your day too Izzy, starting with your horse therapy.  Looking forward to hearing all about it when you are back again.

Sherry 🌸🐴

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Nature, it wasn't easy to post but it's something that is a part of me and sometimes I don't know or realise that the alters are posting so I thought I would explain it to my fourm family in hopes that you all would understand and be accepting as of all parts of me as you are of me. If that makes sense. 

I hope you had a restful night and your day brings you moments of happiness. Thank you my friend. 

💜🌵 @NatureLover 🌵💜

Hi and good morning @Former-Member Kimmy @Former-Member @NatureLover @Lee82 and anyone else around .....  👋💕

@Former-Member @Former-Member @Lemonjuice ..... only respond to the tag if you want to.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member 

Been thinking of you since your 11am start time for horse therapy. 

Very exciting for you to be reacquainting yourself to your old love of horses.

I thank you for explaining to your forum family just a little of what its like to live with DID.

I expect its not something any of us can fully understand, because we do not live it as you do. But I really want to better understand, and you have helped me to do that.

As for acceptance .. you definitely have that. I see that for you there are many parts which make up the whole. So to accept the 'whole', we also need to acknowledge and accept the many parts which make up the whole person. And you are a very special and beautiful person.

I hope some of that makes sense?

Sherry  🌺

Former-Member
Not applicable

OMG where do I start!!!!! It was amazing. When we got there I was so full of anxiety I didn't want to get out of the car, I could see the horses in the arena and it terrified me. Sean eventually got me out and I stood far back from them. The lady running it was nice, but my anxiety was still really high. We talked for about 20 minutes and it made it worse. She allowed Sean to come in the arena with me, unfortunately as I approached to two horses I froze and Kimba (12) came out. That took Sean a little to bring me back. We choose to start with a Shetland pony because Kimmy and Little one where freaking out. She was beautiful girl named Ella we brushed her while I talked with the lady. She tried bring over one of the other horses but every time I touch her she would pull away so I freaked out and went back to Ella. Ella is so patient and calm I clung to her neck and just started crying. Took her for a walk by myself around the arena and by the time I got back to Sean and Gail I was calm. I left feeling like the old me, I still couldn't be touched but other then that I was me. I have had 3 hours of feeling great, unfortunately my anxiety has come back in a major after visiting an Aunty 😞 but those three hours my forum family was truely amazing. I even willing ate lunch and devoured a steak burp and chips I haven't eaten that much in so long. 

@Lee82  and @Former-Member, Kimmy wants to tell you about her Ella and I said she could later as I just need a bit of a rest right now. 

@Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @NatureLover @Lee82 @outlander @Zoe7 @Sans911 @mudsum @Maggie @Eve7 @frog @MDT 

And anyone else passing through this afternoon 🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance