Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

isnotmyname
New Contributor

Can't stop the thoughts, is it symptomatic?

I keep thinking about how I can fix a past relationship which the other person has seemingly moved on from. It was a serious relationship of 10 years, we got married and had a child. It's been a year and half now. I wasn't sure what I needed so made some drastic changes like moving out and dating and now I feel the worst I ever have. Things are tough at the moment in my head and heart. It's like a chronic pain. It's like I'm stuck in a thought loop and wonder if it's a symptom of something else going on. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't stop the thoughts, is it symptomatic?

Hi @isnotmyname ,

For my 2 cents, I don't think what your describing is 'symptomatic' of anything bad. When we are lost, I think it's normal for us to retrace our steps back to the last point where we are confidant that "things were on the right track" and to try to figure where we should've gone from there.

Hey there,

That sounds like a really significant relationship that ended. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through right now feels like a chronic pain. 

When you wonder if it's a symptom of something else going on, are you wondering if it's a symptom of a mental health issue?

Also welcome to the forums. If you want to 'tag' another member so they get a notification of your posts, just put an @ in front of their username.

Take care of yourself 🌻

Hi @isnotmyname 🙂
Been there, doing that.. I don't know that I can offer much advice. Just at least, you are not on your own.

I'm thinking it's a pretty standard break-up issue.

Please take care of yourself, don't get yourself into the "it's my fault" circle, that one is very hard to break.

Moving forward, sort of two steps forward, one step back. Well, at times I think I am climbing a big hill, hit mud and slide down again 🙂 Hey, I'm trying to learn from that and avoid the mud next time 🙂

Lots of hugs, hope you come back and read the replies.
More hugs 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance