Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bella0
Casual Contributor

Breaking point

Hi, I made a post last week about struggling with work and mental health lately and management not being supportive at all, their response to me asking for 1 day off a week was absolutely dismissive and so out of line, still being made to work 7 days a week and I'm at breaking point now, I completely lost it at work today. Guess I'm asking if work refuses to give me anytime off do you think its worth talking to my dr and trying to get a letter for some time off due to health reasons? I dont know if it's even a possibility but I'm out of options, I'm scared of what I might end up doing if I cant get a break, it's getting so bad, I'm starting to feel like theres only one way out. I need to do something fast and that's all I can think of to try

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Breaking point

You are totally within your rights to see a doctor about it, both for getting a certificate and talking about issue.  @Bella0 These times seem so difficult, with some losing work and other for ced to do more.  You dont want to be pushed to extremes.

Take Care and Stay Safe

Smiley Happy

Thankyou

Hi @Bella0 , I think it's absolutely worth it to talk to your doctor and get a certificate for some time off. No-one can be expected to work 7 days a week indefinitely (or at all). Your health is important.

Hi @Bella0 I'm sorry that your work is treating you so badly. I totally agree with @Appleblossom and @NatureLover that getting a Dr to help you get the time off that you need is in order. Be honest with the Dr about how this is affecting your mental and physical health.

More than that though, I would talk to your Union, if you have one, and maybe Worksafe Australia.

Employers have a duty of care to their workers to provide a safe workplace, including one free of bullying and psychological injury. I think it's important that you document what's been going on, and the more specific the better - dates, times, details.

Thanks @frog @NatureLover @Appleblossom I've decided to call my Dr next week. My health is suffering badly and it's gone beyond a 1 day off rest to fix it. My health is more important, I need to do it. Thankyou 

That sounds good, @Bella0 . Best wishes for getting your health back... 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance