Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Birthday woes

It's my birthday today and I'm use to it not being a big deal to my family but literally everyone who called me said a quick happy birthday then went on to complain about stuff like their kids, work or my youngest sister's issues.

When I told my mother I was sick of hearing about everyone's problems today she got angry at me

Why do I keep these ppl in my life 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Birthday woes

I have nothing to say except to wish you a very happy birthday. Big hugs

Happy birthday @Former-Member So sorry your family could not let their issues go for just one day to help you have a nice day. Well done though for standing up for yourself with your mother - despite her reaction you showed strength to say what you were feeling - it is now her issue to deal with. Do not let her anger at you become yours Hon - you had a very real and valid grievance and if she cannot see that - particularly on this day - then she has to coe to terms with her hand in it all. I hope you have done something nice for yourself today and if not then do it tomorrow - make it a 2 day birthday ....or a week - you deserve that Heart

@Former-Member I can relate,Please do your best not to let someone else else ruin your day today Happy Birthday to you and I hope you get to do something special today,can relate as nine times out of ten my mother does the same thing ,talks about always her issues on the phone instead of talking about how others may feel at hearing her constant issues 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance