Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Denv12
Senior Contributor

What Musical Instrument Do You Play?

This is a topic to find those of us in this forum who play any musical instrument. Does anyone play any of the following:

1)Piano

2)Guitar(electric or acoustic)

3)Flute

4)Trumpet

5)Drums

Just to name a few.

How long have you been playing? What type of music do you like to play?

I am a self taught piano player.Love sitting at the piano and singing my head off.Makes me feel good.Its a great feeling.Been playing piano since 1980s when I found a simple way to learn.I could never understand how to read music.I read chords instead. Playing piano is as simple as knowing what to press.Each note has a name.There's 88 of them all together. They start with C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C. Press 3 at the same time and you've got yourself 1 chord.Play that chord with both hands.It sounds much better.Add a few more chords and you've got yourself a song.

I love playing love ballads.They do wonders.

Thanks for stopping by.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: What Musical Instrument Do You Play?

Great to hear about your approach to learning to play piano. @Denv12 

I saw a singer playing keyboard last night at an old haunt.

Music is magic.

Heart

Hi @Appleblossom

Thank you for replying. Making music is a great feeling.I watched everyone else doing it for years then found a way to learn.It paid off.

Denv12.

Totally into participation in music.

Heart @Denv12 

@Denv12 @Appleblossom I play the piano. Since my last breakdown, I and my fingers forgot a lot of the muscle memories. Now I started on some simple children music book. I quite enjoy those. My mum is getting difficult to look after with early dementia. I try not to upset her with loudness of piano music.

Hello
I've been learning Piano since I was a child. Unfortunately the lessons were stopped due to life changes. I have been returning to Piano lessons throughout my life and have enjoyed learning more about this amazing instrument . I have tried to expand my knowledge on my own but lose motivation. With a teacher I am able to focus and extend my music knowledge steadily. I recently started lessons again and have started from the beginning again. I am progressing through an adults beginners book and half way through already. Next lesson I am starting a classical piece. I was given the option to learn anything. I decided that classical music will give more musical concepts theory-wise and I can apply the knowledge I gain to any contemporary music I choose to learn in the future.
Loving the relationship I have with Music. It has been a very healthy experience for my MH. It helps to lessen intense emotions and gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling every time.
This is a great thread! A musicians life is very much a solo existence. This thread is a great chance to connect with like minded people.
: )

Girl_at_the_piano__1879__36_cm_x_22_cm__oil_on_canvas.jpg562629_10151405111472151_903466819_n.jpegDali - Partial HallucinationDali - Partial Hallucination

I have been playing piano since I was a child and have a few old classical favourites that I play. I also like to play a few balads and sing along.It's a great way to pass some time.

I also play recorders and have played them with friends in the past. People always think of school recorders but there are recorders of all sizes. I like the woody sound. I think it's a great idea to continue having piano or other music lessons over one's lifetime.it's something I'd like to do.

Hello again @BronH 

Smiley Happy

I play recorder and so does @Kurra 

I love the look and feel of wooden recorders and deeper sounds, but atm am playing a plastic soprano.  It does not get swollen too much in the winter ... and I have few fun gigs with it lately.

BentlyBently

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance