Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

You created that yourself?!?!  @Faith-and-Hope 

You're so talented.

I like the butterflies in one of your previous posts.

I'd really like to start doing something creative, to help pass time & distract me from my thoughts. My concentration and attention levels aren't that good though.

its something very simple, but I do enjoy doing these paint by sticker books - https://www.amazon.com.au/Paint-Sticker-Workman-Publishing/dp/0761187235

@Faith-and-Hope  Absolutely stunning. WOW. 👍👍👍

Thanks @Maggie  💕💖

@WIP those paint by sticker books look like fun ❣️  My personal belief is that anything creative is good for us.  Some people are creative with food, gardening, arranging things, ordering things (creating order), with words (crosswords, word sleuths, poetry), jigsaw puzzles )(💓), dance .... there are a lot of different ways to be creatively expressive.  I like painting my nails different colours - when I have any.  I have to get fake ones, which isn't happening under COVID restrictions cos mine are reaaaally crap.  Fake ones protect me from bad tears and infections in my nails, so I use the opportunity to be creative with colour.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member 👋 💕 how is it going ?

@Zoe7 is taking some self-care time at the moment and might not respond this week.

How did you go @Former-Member ?  Have you found something to interest you ?

Look up art journalling videos with Vicky Papaioannou.  They are very inspiring.  You don't have to use all the same materials - cut outs from junk mail and old magazine pages will do, and PVA glue makes a great cheap substitute for matt medium.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

its a great thread. Sometimes I try to journal with art. I've done collage before, but I get put off by magazines that have been used. I used to love old books and magazines, but not anymore. I use ink and coloured pens to journal. How is your project going?

@Former-Member It is lovely tat you have found this thread and can join us here. I hope to see you around here more and look forward to any contribution you can make to this thread.

@Faith-and-Hope Heart

🦋💕 @Zoe7  .....

I have a few projects on the go @Former-Member  because I am doing an art course at the moment.  I am not happy with something I painted yesterday, but I have been playing around with a photo of it in my phone's editing function and have worked out what I want to do with it ..... so that's my project this morning.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

I remember you telling me about your art course. That's a great thing! Sometimes it takes me a while to like what I painted, sometimes I just don't like it, but it's the process for me. Do you like your art work any better now?

i haven't painted much, am thinking about a larger scale project at the moment, so thinking is my creative process. 
have a nice weekend x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance