Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Cook Along

Ah, yes @PizzaMondo ☺️🌺

dessert spoons are a specific sized spoon not often used in cutlery in modern times, or just used in fine dining where they have multiples of each type (more than one type of spoon, more than one type of fork, etc) on the table dressing. 
I’m old lol, and I’m English, so part of what we learnt as children was a full formal table setting..cutlery, plate ware, glasses and goblets, trays, cloths, runners, candelabras, vases, etc, and what specifically goes where, and used when 🙂🌺

A dessert spoon is a little smaller and shallower than a tablespoon, so it works well when controlling the cake mix and being able to quickly and efficiently swipe mix off it into the cupcake patties using either your own finger, or a teaspoon, or another dessert spoon.
The art of cutlery in cooking is a coffee table book just waiting to be written! Hehe 😉🙌🏻🌺 

Ahhh, yes this was the spoon I was thinking exactly @Former-Member ! Wow, love the idea of goblets and candelabras - my home had cloths and runners, but it stopped at that as in our culture we ate with our hands too - only specific dishes we might use a fork or spoon or a knife for those chicken schnitzel nights 😛

Hey... I think the art of cutlery book is calling your name... write it... write it! 😛
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

OMG @Former-Member I am absolutely FROFFING those mini quiches!!

images1.jpg <- me rn

I will have to give em a crack too!! If I remember to 😅

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes indeed @PizzaMondo  🙂 🙌

that dessert spoon is the middle child of spoons! Flying under the radar until someone says their name hehe 😉 

There was always flowers in vases, candles, and silver goblets for the adults for beer, with glasses for wine or water, and tea cups and saucers for tea from round pots, like the ones our @Shaz51  has in her wonderful collection of beautiful teapots 😍

I learned relatively recently how to eat traditional dishes with my hands, from some friends who were raised in Afghanistan, and they showed me the art of holding food and using bread as a means of combining different dishes into a lovely scoop which tasted amazing in combination - something not necessarily experienced when using utensils from my experience 🙂💜 The sense of community and sharing from one plate that had one dish - many of these - amongst us all as we sat in a circle was just so homely and gave such a sense of connection 🙂 

I was given the task of divvying up any dishes that needed utensils, as I was considered the professional utensil wrangler in the room haha, was so nice 🙂 

Hehe! wouldn't that be grand? I think having many people tell us what the art of cutlery means to them would be so very interesting - what do you think? Something like how each person likes to use their cutlery... 🙂 xx

@Former-Member , @Oaktree , @Jynx , @PizzaMondo , @tyme 

I have 2 new teapots 🫖 arrived this week from Mr shaz 😁

Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha @Jynx  I can just imagine mini quiche crumbs on your chin sitting back Homer style! 😁🙌

They're sooo tasty, and its the perfect little snack recipe that can be made really quickly and easily, and they do store and reheat very well indeed 🙂 

I copied out the recipe from the video, which I will put here in case its helpful:

@Oaktree 's link to mini quiche video recipe:

Ingredients - 

5 eggs

1c milk

3/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 garlic powder

whisk all together in a jug that has a pouring lip and put in the fridge...

Cut pastry into little rounds that will fit a patty pan tray (spray with rice bran cooking oil to make it non stick), and put pastry in, gently squishing it into the patty cups in the tray.

Put a teaspoon of other ingredients chopped tiny, to flavour, directly into the pastries... (cooking any meat ingredients prior) bacon, chicken bits, tomato bits, corn, asparagus, mushrooms, capsicum, feta, etc, and then some cheese, then pour over the whisk mixture from the jug, till just under the level of the edge of the pastry.

Bake for approx 20mins, at 180 celsius till egg no longer jiggles when tray is wobbled. 

Enjoy 🙂 xx

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Yay ty @Former-Member!! Yummmmm

@Shaz51 oooh wanna share pics? I can just picture you having a very cool, fancy, and/or quirky taste in teapots 😋

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aw, this is the sweetest stuff that lifts my heart to read @Shaz51  🙂 xx

I hope you love them and they are just what you wanted! 🤗

1000002020.jpg

 @Former-Member , @Jynx 

1000002862.jpg

 @Former-Member , @Jynx , @tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance