Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Beautiful @Oaktree ....looks amazing!

Thanks guys, I can recommend this recipe. It tasted amazing! 
I am looking forward to baking the fridge risen edition but we are still eating the first one today. Thanks for all the lovely comments.

@Ainjoule @ENKELI @sheba30 @Shaz51 @tyme @Glisten 

Hey oaktree..I love the recipe I have the link and I'm going to try and make it ...don't know if I can make it as good as u did..I've made bread dishes years ago and it looks like there's a lot involved ..puts me off a bit...but I would love to make it for my relatives.

Does anyone have or use a bread maker? @sheba30 @Oaktree @Ainjoule @ENKELI @Shaz51 

I don't think I eat enough bread to make it. I do love sour dough though. Anyone made it before?

I personally don’t have a bread maker @tyme 

My friend does though and she makes some lovely bread. Hers has a sour dough setting. Trouble with sourdough is that you need a starter and that needs halving and feeding every day. It’s a bit like caring for a baby 

Seriously? I knew you needed a starter, but I didn't know it was THAT much work. Forget it. I'll just buy it. I buy the olive oil one with kalamata olives. @Oaktree 

Yes that puts me off too @tyme 

I would like to try making a starter but am also planning to go to Hawaii in a year or two. I would be so sad if my starter died.

What??? You need to look after it over years? Defo forget it lol @Oaktree 

@Oaktree oh my word! I didn't realise sourdough was so intricate either!

@tyme I have a bread maker but it doesn't have a special setting for sourdough. 

The best sourdough I ever tried was from Bistro Boudin at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. I had a caesar salad in a sourdough cob loaf. 20 years on and I still remember it! I'd go back to SF for that alone.

My brother often brings home sourdough, and like you Tyme he and I love the one with olives. I won't shop at woollies but they do have a nice variety of sourdough breads.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance