Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Trust with a little R & R you will improve on both counts @Shaz51 images (46).jpeg

how is things today @Former-Member  Heart'

how`s the house hunting going ? and your mum ?

Have not had one inspection as yet on our place @Shaz51 but I am not worried. If it is meant to be it will happen. 

How are things at your end @Shaz51 ?

Mr shaz was very unwell yesterday , could see it building on sunday , tried soo hard to help @Former-Member xx

@Shaz51 😔

Sending you an extra tight hug. 

Aww @Shaz51 , so sorry to hear that Mr Shaz has become so unwell again.  Sometimes no matter what we do, we are unable to help.  I hope he comes through it soon and is back to normal again.  

Meanwhile how are you going?  Your sprained ankle and your kidney infection, is a lot to deal with, without everything else you are contending with.  Scoliosis too?  Gosh you poor dear.  That is a sideways curvature of the spine, which is usually diagnosed when we are young.  Its likely this has been a problem for you for a lifetime.  I was told I had scoliosis of my mid spine when I was a teenager, but it wasnt bad enough to require corrective surgery.  It has definitely contributed towards some of my back problems in later life however.  Has your medical team suggested anything to help, or just recommending some more careful treatment of yourself?  I would suggest that your line of work is not condusive to comfort when it comes to a structural back ailment.

How is your Mum coping with all the new arrangements and the many appointments she has been required to attend?  Have you had a chance to talk to her about how beneficial it would be to you to know she was being better cared for than what you can currently provide?  It just may help her to accept extra assistance if she knew it would help you, and give you some peace of mind.  And also a break .... which you so need!

Sorry to lecture Shaz ... you dont really need that right now do you?  Love and a big hug to you my dear.

Sherry 🌺

And more incoming here @Shaz51 ..... 💜🌷💐💕

@Former-Member 👋💕

thank you @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member Heart

no need to be sorry my beautiful friend @Former-Member  , love your lecture -- it is soo full of love xxxx

my medical team seems to happy with everything that I have and to continue on what I am doing , but they don`t have the answers to some of my questions which is annoying but will keep bringing them up when I see them

My mum is coping a bit better now , she is doing some things by herself and is settling down to having people coming in and out during the day

I am still doing a lot but differently

since my Uncle is gone now , my aunty ( mum`s sister) has been checking up on mum each day and taking her to the hospital to get her leg redressed

Mr shaz is getting there again , poor darling , with his shoulder and anxiety , Bipolar11 and now "Mood disorder"

@Shaz51 

The twins both have mood disorders which is the collective name for what are also called "affective" disorders.

The govt health direct website explains it like this:

Mood disorders refer to conditions that disturb our mood to the point where it becomes difficult to function in relationships or at work depression and bipolar disorder are both classified as mood disorders. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance