Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

chemonro
Senior Contributor

Thoughts

Sometimes when we're not doing as well as we'd like it's easy to get caught up worrying about lesser things and fretting our little energy away.

Like lately I've been fretting about my physical health, and my mental health because of feelings, disturbed sleep and bad dreams.

Whereas probably I'm really suffering from Christmas stress, a long weekend, dehydration and the hot weather.

At times like this it's good to remember : settle for disorder in lesser things for the sake of order in greater things, and therefore be content to be discontent in many things.

In other words try to save your energy, survive day to day and don't worry about the things that are getting you down because often they don't end up happening and anyway you just don't have energy to deal with them now. Concentrate on self care till you're stronger. You only have so many "spoons." Reach out for helps and supports.

*hugs*

1 REPLY 1
kato
Senior Contributor

Re: Thoughts

good advice chemonro

i tend to get caught up in the little things as well,

it is a good reminder for me to focus on the bigger picture and things that i can control.

hope you are doing well

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance