Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The great yoga adventure

There's a yoga place near me @Phoenix_Rising@CheerBear. This enthusiasm of yours is spreading. I might check it out. Think they have some introductory special offer.

I already have a purple mat. 

It's today!!!!

After checking and rechecking and checking some more, I'm fairly confident I can go to the class as planned tonight as a casual class @Phoenix_Rising. It's a beginner level class which means it's ok to be a baby giraffe yeah?

I've called to ask 50million questions but they're not open yet. I'll keep trying through the day though.

How are you feeling about it being today today?

@soul - that would be very cool to have another yoga adventurer along for the ride! 🙂

HAPPY YOGA DAY @CheerBear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am FREAKING OUT!!!!! This is a crazy crazy CRAZY idea. Whoever heard of a sea turtle going to a yoga class!!!!

I seriously need a very big cheer squad. Hey @Former-Member @Former-Member @Former-Member can you please be in my cheer squad?

Are you as scared as me @CheerBear? I super hate going anywhere for the first time.

We've got this, right? We are going to go to our respective classes, be amazingly uncoordinated, make total fools of ourselves...and that will be ok because the rotation of the earth on its axis doesn't depend on either of us not embarressing ourselves.

@soul I am super excited at the thought of you joining this adventure sometime soon. Seriously, if I can survive a yoga class, ANYBODY can!

Less than nine hours to go now @CheerBear. Ahhhhhhh....!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

download (9).jpg

Can't wait to hear all about it @Phoenix_Rising @CheerBear.

I picked up a brochure this morning. So many different types of classes. Might have to do some research.

Obviously we are talking over each other here @CheerBear. Smiley Happy

I am definitely going to be focusing on how ok it is to be a baby giraffe while I'm being absurdly uncoordinated. A beginner class sounds great - a whole herd of baby giraffes together. Smiley LOL

My class is a "general" class. The website says this is a good place to start. It sounds though like there are people of all different abilities and it's a matter of just doing what you are capable of. I get the sense that the classes are quite small and thus the instructor can cater for all levels. I HOPE the class is small! The thing is, I'm so competitive, I know I'm going to be like "I can do that, I can do that," and then as I do myself an injury, "oh...wait...I couldn't do that." Smiley LOL

I know it's meant to be all about just focusing on yourself and being in tune with your own body...yeah right, I'll be looking at the person next to me who has probably been doing yoga for ten years and be like "well if SHE can do it, I'm damn well going to do it too." Smiley LOL

@Phoenix_Rising @CheerBear. You are both going to be amazing baby giraffes. Don't forget to laugh.
You've both got this. Happy to be part of your cheer squad.
HAPPY YOGA DAY!!!!!

Good luck with your yoga classes @Phoenix_Rising and @CheerBear . Despite knowing exactly what this thread is about, I still briefly misread it as a Yoda class. Practise not skim reading about a Yoda class, I must.

download (10).jpg

All here cheering for you @Phoenix_Rising @CheerBear

@Phoenix_Rising - I am booked in! Gulp. Big big gulp! My class starts later than yours so I might miss reading about yours as you'll be getting home as I am leaving. I am scared but the lady I spoke to was so nice and said lots of people feel the same way 🙂 I wrote a huge long rant this morning about all my worries but then worried that anxiety might be contagious and I didn't want to add to yours. I'm planning on getting there early to make sure I can get a spot at the back.

@soul - I got so confused looking at all the different classes and types of yoga. The class I am planning on usually going to is different to this one tonight. This one sounds really beginner friendly (I hope).

Thank you @utopia and @the vorticon too. Baby giraffes at Yoda classes - yay!

@CheerBear sooooo excited and sooooo scared. I am just going to keep thinking about how nice and cute baby giraffes are. 😊
@TheVortican ROFL at the thought of yoda classes. I did at one point accidently type "toga adventure" rather than "yoga adventure." This little turtle would have to draw the line at a toga adventure. 😂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance