Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Schophrenia, What do your voices say, my voices say

@Former-Member Hi,  thanks for responding 🙂 My voices have told me also exactly as you have mention in your post,  regardless that I, just like you, know we have been extremely good mothers. It hurts when the voices speak so ignorantly about our motherhood but I've discovered with my voices there are no boundaries low enough for them not to cross, in their attempt to stay in control. I like you, find my voices are more abrasive and loud when I am under high stress. As for the voices concluding their parental rants  upon us with the suggestion that we should harm ourselves over their lies, we can only laugh and thank god we don't lack their moral fibre. As nothing would be more cruel in this world than a child to loose a mother.  Keep loving yourself and know your worth in every way, no matter what your voices say. Remember the voices are just a chemical, you are the real thing,  a person who loves and is loved.  Thank you for sharing you voices with me, now that I know your voices say the same things to you as my voices say to me it will be easier for me to maintain my sense of humour next time they accuse me of being a bad mother. And I hope you will be able to do the same.  Love and Light and Merry Christmas. 

Hello I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. Mine depend on a few things if I am really hyper/manic they are really nice or they seem nice and are fun and exciting, if I am depressed they are mean and scary. If I am a mix of both then I get a mix of both. It also depends who is talking. Sometimes it sounds like hundreds of people are all whispering together those ones often talk about me to each other, they say things like "we see you, we are going to hurt you, we are watching you, she is doing x, look over there, get her" and a bunch of other stuff. There is also this demon that follows me around he speaks in a language I don't know. Then there are the singing children as well. They also come with an adult female sometimes. Also sometimes these spirits play music or make other weird sounds. I don't like them normally but I have to be careful or they hurt me. 

@Eden1919 Thanks for sharing your. voices with me. Wow it sounds like your voices are as relentless as mine, because  they run an endless array of comentry and subject matters pass you, in an attempt to keep your attention just like my voices do.. Even as I am typing my response to you my voices are forbidding me to respond to you and threatening  me if I do. But I just ignore them because basically it does't matter what I do, my voices have issues with it. So I figure that I may as well just do what ever makes me happy and keeps me positive in engaging in life so I can try, to over come my fears. Yes I have also heard whispering voices and odd sounds that sound like, sound effects from auditory equipment. I don't hear other languages but some of my voices sound like they have accents (I speak English). One thing my voices keep telling is 'not to trust the other voices in game' (as they call it)  So with 4 separate voices telling me the same  thing my voices  ensure I am constantly in an unattainable position, to find any comfort with any of my voices.  But I am happy for you that you have moments where you can feel safe with your voices when they are nice to you. 

One thing I am discovering thanks to all the lovely people here online who have been so kind to share their voices with me is 'I am not alone' in hearing the same or similar voice scripts as others who are bravely  combating their fears on a daily basis. Each response to my post has given me new hope I can overcome my voices and get back to a normal life.  I hope the feed back on my voices here online helps others too.Love and Light and Merry Christmas. 

@SPD  Yes I often ignore mine too there is not much else I can do it is hard but oh well. Merry Christmas to you too. 

Hi @SPD@Eden1919@Taraxacum@greenpea@Former-Member

This is a really interesting thread for me to read. I'm not affected by the diagnosis or have anyone in my circles who suffer the effects. So it's interesting from this perspective to learn about your plights.

Thankyou so much for sharing and allowing those like myself to understand what you all experience.

Kind regards and Merry Xmas;

Hope xo Heart

@Hope4me Thanks for your support. Whilst I do have the illness,unlike you,  I don't know anyone personally with the illness I can talk to. So this thread has been very reassuring for me, it has made me feel not so afraid of my voices knowing that others hear similar subject scenarios when they have this illness. Also It has made me  believe my voices are more typical symptoms  of schophrenia, rather than some external source out there to get me. As sadly one can imagine this at times when their voice's are bombarding  scaremongering at them.   Love and Light. 

@Hope4me Ignoring the voices is not easy but I decided it was the best plan of action for me. When I first got the illness I use to try to  reason with my voiced but I quickly discovered this was a complete waste of time      ( you can't reason with stupidity ) but the voices love me to try and just got louder. One thing I've developed from hearing my voices is, the patience of a saint 🙂 and sounds like you have too. God Bless. 

Hello All

My experience meant that I did know a few people with the illness.  From the outside, and as a child, it can appear as extreme overwhelm, unless the distress and odd thoughts "leak" into outer behaviour.  As an adult there can be pointers, but most people leak some form of pain or distress.  Thats my experience anyway.

Heart

uRe: Schophrenia, What do your voices say, my voices say

@Appleblossom My "leaks" are primarily displayed when I keep running to my local GP asking to have all different types medical test done ie: MRI. Scan, CT scans (upper body) Endoscopy, chest xray, blood test including blood test for taxoplasma. But the worse "leak" was when I was so distressed from the voices scaremongering me, they actually gave me heart attack. You see according to my voices, i am dying of cancer (another one of their lies I'm sure)  Never the less it is very distressing to hear so I keep going to the doctors to see if they can find any cancer. Thankfully all the medical tests I have had reveal " no cancer " nor any real major physical illnesses. Thank God is all I can say,  dealing with schizophreia is enough to endure right now.  Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance