Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

Helloy awesome @Dimity , have missed you and soo happy to see you 💓 ❤️ 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Dimity  💜

I’m doing ok thank you 🌺

I’m really sorry to hear how you’re feeling right now; depression and cptsd are hard to manage with good support, let alone while in periods of transition between services/providers, because I tend to think that change also adds uncertainly to some degree (like finding a new GP) which can exacerbate things 💜

I’m also sorry to hear your psychologist is a bit hard to read as not-hostile, that sounds really challenging to engage with therapeutically… I wondered if you felt comfortable to raise it with them? Hopefully they may take it as constructive feedback and improve their therapeutic expression to help you feel safer 🌺.. what do you think..? 🙂

I hope the catch ups with the psychiatrist are helping in some way, while you’re feeling lost💜

and I hope you can find some kinship and feel the care from being here on the forums 💜🌺

Hey @Dimity ,

Great to see you. I'm sorry things are to hard right now. It sounds like you are sitting with a lot. 

If you feel able to, we are here to share your struggles. 

You don't have to do it alone. 

I hope you feel better soon, physically and mentally. 

Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks so much @Shaz51 @Former-Member @tyme .

I'd started EMDR with the psychologist and thought we'd negotiated a way through after things got rocky. But today I got a message and it seems the time of tomorrow's appointment is in dispute. I'll try to get in touch with the clinic, but hoping I'm not losing the plot.

If it helps, we are here for you if you need a shoulder @Dimity 

Thanks @tyme I feel better for your support. 

That's why we are here - for each other @Dimity 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Dimity  🙂

Im very sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday.. I had a bit to do before an early appointment today.

How did things go with the appointment today? I hope you were able to get there and things worked out? 🌺

Here for you if you'd like to chat xx

Hi @Former-Member hope your appt went well. Mine was gruelling but the psychologist was pleasant enough. EMDR is tough.  I did mention the perceived hostility thing and apologised.

Over the last couple of days there were 3 separate stuff ups over the appointment time - 2 theirs 1 mine. And I lost internet and phone connectivity at different times. When I'm a bit flaky everything seems to go wrong. 

Dunno if it's coincidental but the clinic sent me a detailed feedback questionnaire I just completed. 

Not easy but it could have been worse. I'll try to get back on track with the usual stuff... meals sleep exercise as I've come closer to the slippery slope than is comfortable. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey there @Dimity  🙂 

It went really well thank you 🙂 💜

Im sorry to hear the appointment was very taxing, and I hope it does help things level out over the coming days for you post EMDR session - holding space for you as you work on catching your footing on the top of that slippery slope xx 🌺

Thats really good the perceived hostility was aired and dealt with - do you feel better regarding that? 🙂

Hopefully with your feedback they can work on the appointment logistics, and fine tune things for you.. very timely, too xx

I do understand about being a bit flakey and things not working 100%.. makes me feel a bit down, but I try to remember that its a symptom of having a bit of brain fade, and not to be too hard on myself.. 🌺 🙂

That sounds like a good plan to get back in the groove of meals, sleep and exercise... I wondered if this is helpful..? I tend to write reminders when I am feeling a little less in recovery: post it notes next to the bed, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, and in my phone... I put them in the locations where I would usually be before I would do that 'thing', like before exercise I may have just woken up, so that note is beside the bed, if that makes sense?  

Hoping this is helpful in some way, but even if not, please know there is care and compassion here for you 🙂 xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance