Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Happy but a bit lonely

Good for you @Meowsy .  I like to think I'm alright with a camera and photography.  I grew up in the era of film so it seems a lot easier now than back then, and cheaper to.  My favourite picture was one I got while surfing, it was only a small wave, but, looked pretty cool.  I also have one from when I was watching others surf I took with my cousin.  I have that one at my desk at work. 

I have always wished I had some talent with drawing and painting.  I'd love to be able to do landscapes.  Sadly I do not have any talent in that area.  You could look at photography and art groups in your area.  At my local show they had some really amazing submissions.  Some of it really inspiring.  Pretty sure you'll be able to relate to those people easier than others.  

Maybe, when the picture feature is working here again you can share some of your art.  There are some talented and creative people here as I think you'll notice.  No pressure on that, but, would be nice to see!

Yeah @Gazza75, I reckon you're right with photograpyh being alot easier now that it's digital. I've never tried film before. But yes, some surfing and wave photos are pretty cool! 

I did do a submission to a show once, when I was 18 or so. I'll keep my eye out for art groups or meet ups, who knows, it might get me out the house one day hehe. 

And yeah for sure, I'd love to post a picture when I am able to. 

Hi @Meowsy , nice to hear from you 🙂

Good on you for doing a submission to a show.  Take some courage to do that.  I did have a look at meet ups and there are a lot of options, it's not real clear how many people would be involved in them though. 

It would be nice to see a picture when you can.  Hopefully the feature returns here soon.  

Have a good day 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance