Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Really struggling with sleep

@Shaz51 yeah I got a casual job at a nursery the plant type which I can do around my partners work and older sons kindergarten days, been out of work and home 5 days a week with the kids since about July last year, this is just casual but I’m looking forward to getting back into the work force 

Also @Shaz51 @thanks for asking about the school stuff things went well towards end of year so we have all intentions to send him to kinder again this year and see how it goes he has settled a lot anxiety wise lately especially since we can go and do pretty much anything we want now, so we’ll see how we go, doing as much preparation for him as we can as he likes that 

once the kids go to school @ArraDreaming , this will allow you to do more my friend xx

you are awesome , but you do need sleep to copy with your little ones for the next few years xoxo

fingers crossed my @ArraDreaming  then you can rest with the little one 

siting with you xxx

Did I tell you @Shaz51 that’s he’s nearly walking took first steps christmas morning 1 in February

ohh wow my @ArraDreaming , how exciting xoxo

There have been some great insights from the community here @ArraDreaming .

Thank you for all who have shared @HenryX @Molly22 @Eve7 @Shaz51 . I've had first-hand experience of insomnia...not pleasant! It's as though the more you try to sleep, the less sleep you get!

I sure hope some of these strategies offered by the community will help you @ArraDreaming .

All the best,

tyme

@ArraDreaming 

Great to hear about him walking.  Lots of good ideas, but sometimes it is about waiting til the pressures recede. 

I had sleep issues for different reasons at different times in my life.  I was a mess and after a decade had a massive sleep debt. Being awake was pretty erratic. Sleep cannot be switched on and off like gadgets. When I was ready to deal with that one issue, after I had dealt with a many other issues one by one, I found I had to move devices to another room.  If I could not sleep, one suggestion was... its not great to lie in bed too long tossing or stressing out, but to get up and try and gain later, so that is what ended up helping me, along with a night med.  Not sure how that effects partner. Big congrats in getting involved with sleep issues and new job.  Sounds cool.

Very @Shaz51 takes a fair few little steps now the most special was definitely Christmas morning 

awww totally my awesome friend @ArraDreaming xoxo

hope you sleep well tonight , will make a different looking after 2 little ones xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance