Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Clearing paperwork most definitely counts @JB70, well done.

images - 2020-07-24T064446.631.jpeg

@Former-Member I love the box. Vintage port- right down my alley. Lol

Love vintage storage @JB70  such as these looks, but admit I am not fond of open storage and prefer things behind glass/other doors to save on dusting. Custom made shelving such as they have done for the old suitcases so that storage boxes/items are readily accesible to my mind is also a must. Moving things to get to things = Smiley Sad

Sewing-Room-Tour-20.jpgd033733a417dd8a0d37704d14dee35cc.jpg

I want to copy these ideas! From the studio of Gail Rieke, an installation artist. I have a collection of lovely trunks, suitcases and boxes... but pulling them together into "furniture" is still on the dream-board.

Gail_Rieke_suitcase-wall.jpgGail-Rieke-Drawers-Open.jpg

images - 2020-07-25T105848.333.jpeg

Spent part of this afternoon re-stacking the brick plinths I'd built up for the plant stands. When I set them up, everything was a bit on the wobbly side. I didn't want the extra work, but I realised that if I didn't even things up, I'd be causing myself ongoing problems. Smiley Frustrated

The cause of the wobbliness is that the Victorian bricks are uneven in size, and also 4-bricks-wide was just a fraction on the skinny side for the bases of the plant stands. So I put the plants and stands aside, removed a double row of Victorian bricks from under the spots where the legs would go, restacked 2x5x3 high with modern bricks in those spots, and put the Victorian bricks 4-wide in between, where evenness isn't critical. I even got out a hammer to knock off some bits of mortar, and the spirit level to make sure they really were level.

It's looking a lot better now. I need to do one more 5x2 stack for one more plant stand, then I can fill the stands. Next steps after that will be filling in the path next to them, and rigging up a star picket+bedhead gate. Sort of like this, but the one I'm using is a fancy one with an arched top and a green finish. 🙂

Headboard-gate-idea.jpg

Finding the new cleaning regimen helpful, it is based on doing one job a day.  

il_570xN.1607720559_i5kh.jpg

Today we got rid of a trailer load of green waste that was quite an eyesore (thanks to a friend). 

Mr Darcy dropped off a DVD he no longer wanted to the op shop.

did a bit of tidying in the kitchen (including removing some items that have no place in a kitchen) and reviewed cleaning supplies with a view to restocking what is needed. 

@JB70  are you needing some gentle encouragement in the decluttering and home maintenance department?

@Eve7  there are a few of us who in the process of decluttering or need encouragement with it as well as with cleaning or other household tasks. Feel free to join in ...🤓.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance